Recommend hood fitters for TR6 hood please

Hi

My 1971 TR6 has a white American spec hood with the reflective side strips and zip out window. It has had this trim since I bought it in 1979. In 1981 I was able to get a complete American spec.set from a motor factors in Birmingham. Hughie Hill if I recall?? Anyway as I will have owned my car for 40 years next year and we are going to the 50th celebration of the TR6 at the International I’ve decided to splash out on a new hood. I’m going to import the replica hood with the reflective strips from the Roadster factory in USA and what I need are recommendations for a supplier who can fit the vinyl hood onto an original hood frame. I live in Hampshire. 

Edited by Calleva
Typo

I've just had my hood fitted by Elite Windscreens and Soft-tops. Joe did an excellent job and he travels all over the country. His number is 07711 767972.

soft-top.jpg

I replaced my 42 year old US hood cover this year with an original quality cover (complete with reflective stripe and zip out rear window) – purchased from Rimmers UK. The quality was exactly the same as the original fitted to my car in 76.  I then had the cover fitted to the original hood frame by Revingtons in Somerset who made a first class job. If you wanted to see the quality of fit and finish, I’m happy to meet up for a coffee and a chat somewhere between Hampshire and where I’m based in Dorset.

Martin

At the Classic Motor Hub.jpg

• 2 weeks later...