SS Wheel Nuts On TR6

Started this thread because I saw some MGB Wheel Nuts set of 16 Stainless Steel 1/2 UNF 60° Taper MGB P3035 they are £35.56 inc. postage on EBay so now realising they do not fit a TR6 have now contacted the manufacturer.

Rob

Edited by Robert Price

Just also realised there is no plain section for the retaining washer that holds the centre cap. But I have contacted the manufacturer to see if they make TR6 nuts and will update any reply. The price difference to the current TR nuts is very big.

Have now spoken to the company and they have requested a sample nut to look into the cost of producing them, we shall see!

Rob

Edited by Robert Price

Why re-invent the wheel - or, in this case, wheel nuts?

They are available from at least one of the well-known suppliers and, unlike the chrome versions, which rust in next to no time, they continue to look good after years of use? 

I've had a set on the car for 18 years, and although never shiny, they look as good now as when I bought them.

Ian Cornish

Exactly Roger, looking at the MG's price point  if the company were to produce TR ones, they should be somewhere in the same region I would have thought, and members could buy direct from the manufacturer who is in the UK for a change. Anyway a sample nut is on its way to them.

Rob

11 hours ago, MikeF said:

Arent there rather more MGBs than TRs? Giving some economies of scale

Hi Mike,

to a point you are correct. Economy of scale.

However the difference that I can see is the thread size (7/16 UNF - 1/2UNF)

The machine set up (one drill and one tap) is not that different so may not affect the cost too much..

Roger

They appear to be a jobbing machine shop if you look at their Ebay Shop.

I reckon there must be a chance here as they will have times when they do not have any spare capacity and some days they will be waiting on drawings from a client to start work and they can fit in these one off small jobs. Maybe they will need a minimum quantity but it has to be an "if you do not ask ,you will not get" situation.