WRONG SPEEDO FOR THE OVERDRIVE

Others might have this problem. 

My early CP car has been fitted with a J type overdrive gearbox. The speedo drive in the box is not compatible with the speedo. I don't want to remove the box, dismantle it just to change the speedo drive. 

Will a speedo from a car with a J type overdrive solve my problem to give me an accurate speedo? It would be good to get one in km/h say from a European car.

John I had the same problem, behind your speedo angle drive you will see a coloured cog ,they have different amount of teeth hence the different ratios the speedo reads, I phoned overdrive services and he sold me the right one ,only about a tenner worth a try .

Nick.

just seen you are in Oz but I am sure they would post one out.

11 hours ago, had17462 said:

John I had the same problem, behind your speedo angle drive you will see a coloured cog ,they have different amount of teeth hence the different ratios the speedo reads, I phoned overdrive services and he sold me the right one ,only about a tenner worth a try .

Nick.

just seen you are in Oz but I am sure they would post one out.

How do you fit it? Is it easy from underneath, or with the tunnel removed?