TRGB Fuel Pump Kit Installation

Malcolm at Prestige injection offers a new tank outlet adaptor, but I didn't see it on his list of parts, but in his description of his kit he says,  To ensure this the kit is supplied with an adaptor that replaces the original 1/4" bore tube outlet. The original tube outlet is removed, the new outlet screwed in this increases the tank outlet bore to 8.5 mm.

It has a push on connector for rubber hose.  I'm considering one of these to maximise the flow from the tank.

John 

Ian,

1/2” unf has 20 threads per inch (tpi).

If you trial fit an 1/2” unf bolt in the tank outlet, you will see it fit’s nicely (clean the outlet first, so no deposits stop the bolt. You should feel the bolt “bottomming”.

Since UNF thread is not self sealing (like NPT does) I installed my nipple with loctite 542. The original outlet has a brass olive, which gives a metal to metal seat, no sealant needed then.

Bruce indicated JIC uses UNF thread too. DASH 08 has 1/2” UNF thread (googled it).

I do not know if the tank fitting is DASH08 or a other spec The bottom of it has an angle, to accept the olive.

I would call your supplier tomorrow, he will be able to help you I think.

Waldi

It lives, new pump, filter, pre filter & shutoff valve all fitted, car running fine and a lot quieter. Thanks to all contributors for your assistance.

Ian