Electric fuel pump

Hello Everyone, What is the best type of electric fuel pump for the Rover V8, :rolleyes: as mine is very

tired now intermitent and causing lots of embarassment, B) as it fails to deliver fuel just when you need it. The engine slowly peters out and you are left marooned at traffic lights, junctions, or driving along nicely then silence. AAAARRRRRGGGGHH. :( I have taken it apart and cleaned it all out, seems to have made a difference

but I don't trust it. :angry: Ohh and were can I get one???? ;)

Regards Rob.

Guest croydebay
Hi Rob,

Facet is what you need, BUT don't go for a higher spec pump than necessary for your engine spec. It's all too easy to pump too much fuel at a V8 - and the lump will swallow the excess to no benefit !! It may be worth your while to consider adding a Filter King - effectively a fuel filter and pressure regulator in one unit. Simple but fiddly things to set up, but at £30 or so a FK will soon enough pay for itself in economy, apart from your engine pulling better. . . .

Cheers,

Alec

I went for a Carter pump... no problems but makes quite a racket!

http://www.racetep.com/webfuelspark.html#webfuel

Thanks to every one for the info :D . Do the facet pumps run quietly ? as the one I have at the moment sounds like a machne gun. Next question where would be the best place to locate it?? The one at the moment is fitted to the bracket where the bonnet hooks locate into. Not the best place I think it should be, I never fitted it, So now's the best time for improvement and relocation.

Regards Rob.

Hi Rob, can't suggest the best place to locate the pump, but doubtless Alec or someone else will know best place. Try to get some rubber mounts - cotton reel type if possible - they stop a lot of the resonance.

Thanks once again to all for your imput. I'll save my pennies and locate as you both suggest rear bulk head, sounds logical to me.One other question, Do you need to fit some sort of cut out switch in case of an accident??