My car had the radio speakers in home made cabinets on the shelf behind the seats.  I have finished installing new carpets and want to locate them somewhere else out of the way if I can. There doesn't appear to be room in the panels in front of the A posts nor the fuel tank panel behind the seats.

Where have others mounted them? Photos too please if you can.

Also planning the same. Have been playing around with various configurations in the car as I have found it a challenge to get a good treble balance so I can "hear the words". Thibk I am going to end up with a couple of woofers on the back shelf and some alpine tweeters (got for very cheap on eBay) either side of the centre console. I trialed this setup over the summer and it seemed to be a good compromise. 

Cheers

Tim

You will never have an audio experience close to that in modern car so why bother with a radio - just enjoy the song of the sweet Triumph 6!

Tim

I use Bluetooth speakers - there are plenty available on the market to suit all budgets and they double as a hands free phone kit as well.

Currently, I have 2 UE Megabooms linked to my phone and I have to say that the sound is pretty impressive.  20 hour battery life means I don't have to worry about charging if away for a weekend. 

4 hours ago, tim hunt said:

You will never have an audio experience close to that in modern car so why bother with a radio - just enjoy the song of the sweet Triumph 6!

Tim

Have to agree, you will never get a great sound with all that external noise etc so I just sit back and enjoy that straight Six

8 hours ago, Hawk said:

Currently, I have 2 UE Megabooms linked to my phone and I have to say that the sound is pretty impressive.  20 hour battery life means I don't have to worry about charging if away for a weekend. 

In my opinion, this is the best option these days..... and for those Costco members they are currently on special offer :)

9 hours ago, Hawk said:

I use Bluetooth speakers - there are plenty available on the market to suit all budgets and they double as a hands free phone kit as well.

That's a damned good idea!

I'm a technophobe, can they be linked to a Bluetooth equipped stereo in the car and be charged via the 12v supply (fag lighter socket)?

Richard.

The usual divided response here I see from those who reckon the 6 is music enough and those who are music lovers.  I personally prefer having music and can always turn it off if needed...

Agree that there's no good answer here John.  The central console panel as per original is buried under the dash but would work "ok-ish" for a woofer if it's well braced but you'd need a tweeter up higher.  Some people replace the eyeball vents with tweeters, if you did it well a 3D printed mould that is vinyl covered could fit at the base of the window but it wouldn't be straightforward and may end up looking worse...

I have 6" speakers in the back in front of the fuel tank.  You need a shallow driver and a small (1cm or so) spacer to bring them forward to fit.  I also would also suggest an amp if you want to actually hear anything with the top down without tearing your driver apart and cooking the head unit.  I've stashed one in the boot  where it firs nicely to the side, but you need to run beefy cabling from the battery and an elderly alternator may struggle to keep up.  Treble suffers, especially when the hood is down and covers them but you can just crank that up off the head unit.

If you go down a sub route, perhaps a combined sub, amp would work and then if you can find a compact one, mounting under the passenger dash would be ideal (shorter cable runs etc).  Don't bother putting one in the boot like I did-it's a waste of time.

But... having said all that-maybe a megaboom BTd off the phone and sitting in the front is a sooooo much easier way to go???

19 hours ago, Paul Hill said:

Have to agree, you will never get a great sound with all that external noise etc so I just sit back and enjoy that straight Six

Probably Ok in a country with relatively short drives. Even the beautiful TR6 note wears thin on the 900kms between Sydney and Melbourne at 110kmh.

I should rework your TR John, there's many Brits who take their cars to St Tropez from here in the Midlands (1600km one way) and come back from a 2 week holiday still ready for more of it.

Maybe it's because our motorways are faster and the Autoroutes even faster which gives more variety, if the TR doesn't suit change your country. Nowhere's far in a TR.

Mick Richards 

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Yes John, only 'relatively short drives' over here, like Club Triumph's 3,200km 48 hour Round Britain Reliability Run. I look forward to telling you more about it. I haven't conducted a poll but doubt many of the six TR6 crews on this October's event listened to ICE.

Tim 

Currently, I have 2 UE Megabooms linked to my phone and I have to say that the sound is pretty impressive.  20 hour battery life means I don't have to worry about charging if away for a weekend

Genius. I will do same. 

19 hours ago, tim hunt said:

Yes John, only 'relatively short drives' over here, like Club Triumph's 3,200km 48 hour Round Britain Reliability Run. I look forward to telling you more about it. I haven't conducted a poll but doubt many of the six TR6 crews on this October's event listened to ICE.

Tim 

Fair point Tim. Although I doubt many UK drivers go for drives over 300 kms very often. 

When are you out here?