Replacement seats in a 6

6 hours ago, Mark69 said:

Other than than mx5/ miata seats, as anybody fitted any other make of seats successfully. 

Mark

Hello Mark, is there a reason that you don't wish to fit MX5 seats?

I have done this on my TR6 and Spitfire, they are a very good and not expensive alternative, the seat runners can be made to fit original TR floor attachments too. just trying to help.

Not sure if they fit a TR6 Easily but the MGF Seats from a late 1990's model are very comfy and I think look period.

Here's some I fitted in my Triumph Vitesse

MGF Seats 2.jpg

MGF Seats In a Vitesse.jpg

In June 2005, I travelled in Roy Macgregor’s TR4 to Sicily and back.  Both of us then in our mid-late 60s, in ambient temperatures of 37 degrees C – and much hotter inside the TR4!  We were covering up to 420 miles in a day, sweated profusely, but – after a shower and change of clothing – were right as rain.  No backache and ready for a really substantial evening meal, washed down with wine!

The seats?  Oh, yes, Roy had fitted MX5, with a footrest for me as I am very short in the limbs department..

Ian Cornish

Thanks for all input guys, not really looking to change seats at this point in time .

My original seats have been refurbished using  the old covers and replacing foam, webbing and diaphragms.

Im not that  happy with the way the bases fit due to extra thickness of foam.

I have first refusal on a pair of good cloth mk2 seats , trying to find a good set of leather mk2’s are few and far between .

There seems to be a lot of period looking seats out there just wondered if any fit as well as the mx5’s.

Mark.

Sorry for late response been working away without access to inter web.

25 minutes ago, Dave McDonald said:

I know there have been various threads about MX5 seats, many mentioning Paul Bishop for replacement leather covers.

Can anyone PM me with contact details for him please?

Dave McD

I would say + for Paul Bishop seats. But best to let Paul supply and re-upholster rather than supply old seats yourself. You’ll have more carriage costs that way alone. MX5, especially Mk2 are probably best route to go.

I fitted them for the RBRR and only had one dead leg out of the two when we returned which wasn’t bad going over 2000 miles! 

Kevin

1 hour ago, Dave McDonald said:

I know there have been various threads about MX5 seats, many mentioning Paul Bishop for replacement leather covers.

Can anyone PM me with contact details for him please?

Dave McD

I have PM’d his details to you.

...... Andy