Question is what us the best colour

The car is signal red....do i go with body colour or just plain black

What's the norm 

Its been both in its previous life!

Thanks

Tony

1 hour ago, Hamish said:

Serious tyres on that no. 97

Splashed out on the factory 'Country Kit'. Guess he left the plough at the farmstead! ^_^

27 minutes ago, iain said:

My fav is this. Beige with a red roof.

Great looking combo, Iain. A bit partial to that one myself. 

Cheers, Deggers

That car has been sold by them. I've met that man on the video. Quite a show-off that man.

What a nice 'problem' to solve: choosing the right colour for the hardtop. Especially when it now shows that there's no 'rule' for it! Go for a metallic paint accent colour. So much nicer than the 'middle of the road' body colour solution! C'mon, make a statement!

My powder blue doesn't have a hardtop. My colour of choice would be a titanium-brownish metallic colour from Fiat or Audi.

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2
1 hour ago, iain said:

Here you go Deggers.....nice:)

Sebring 1956-1.jpg

Great photo Iain, interestingly the factory colour in '57 for the red hardtop on a beige car was "Sunset" red (a Standard colour) and slighly darker than the TR Signal red.

My hardtop matches the main car colour of spa White.015.thumb.JPG.fc9701659d26d9d4e3d136308393aa35.JPG

21 hours ago, iain said:

Here you go Deggers.....

That is very tidy. (I see there's another TR tucked away in the parking lot at the back). Great vintage shot, thanks Iain.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:36 PM, Tonyloz said:

So anything goes!

Be sure to revisit this thread with some pictures when you're done, Tony.

Good luck!

Cheers, Deggers

Deggars its Sebring 1957. K Richardson in the background in the dark red checked shirt sleeves rolled up.....found the pics some years ago on the net, the same car is in the trio of cars in my earlier post. These were SRW992 Salvadore Blue, SRW991 White and the red top is SRW410. Ivory and Sunset Red?? Perhaps Mike has the production records for this car it doesn't look like white when compared with SRW991.

Have fun making the choice Tony :)

Iain

Edited by iain

Looks like I need to find a cheap hard top. ( if that sort is available still)

i do like that look. 

But one question 

How do you fit it with aeroscreens

C61B45A8-D15A-4B85-8064-2B625DD2A8AE.jpeg

9 minutes ago, iain said:

If the aeroscreens use the original mounting points on earlier cars no issue at all. Do your current aeroscreens fit behind the windscreen when in situ?

Hi

Iain I take the Aeros off but leave their posts on when I fit and use the windscreen which is rare - special occasions- when I need MY hair a little tidy :D

5A171E43-B3B1-4154-B093-DEF092444CDE.jpeg