TR5 - Royal Blue / Red Interior

In the process of a TR5 restoration. It will definitely be royal blue. The interior is my quandary. I have a lovely pair of original seats in red with white piping. Has anybody used this combination and photos would be well received. 

Thanks, 

Colin

Hi Colin,

I have something similar.

Royal Blue TR4 with the upholstery in matador red and white piping. The seats were done in Matador red BUT no white piping - Blunder big time.

So last winter I had the upholstery redone  with no piping - it just looks better.

The white piping looked a bit tacky to me.

Matador red hood - hmm, nice

Roger

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, colin3511 said:

In the process of a TR5 restoration. It will definitely be royal blue. The interior is my quandary. I have a lovely pair of original seats in red with white piping. Has anybody used this combination and photos would be well received. 

Thanks, 

Colin

Colin,

I'm just about to start a restoration of my TR5. Originally Valencia Blue. Restored 1993/94 for PO and finished in BRG but I couldn't agree more on the finished colour, it has to be Royal Blue. A bit premature to be looking at interior trim perhaps but I'm currently considering blue - towards the darker end of the blue spectrum and definitely not white piping, even though that was original. Not for me thankyou.

Dave McD

Hi Colin,

I think if you have white piping anywhere then it needs to be everywhere. Otherwise bits look out of place.

Don;t forget the door cards - these have piping too. I'm changing mine to red piping.

Hi Dave,

when looking at trim colour a while back John Skinner suggested grey to go with the RB. That would have look scrumptious. 

I chose the Matador red as that was the colour I wanted for the hood.       

Too much choice

Roger      

Here is a picture of our 4 you can just see the white piping on the matador red interior at the back. This may give you a bit of an idea what it would look like but does not show “ the complete picture”.

FEA7CF2F-516C-46D7-A477-5DA40E21FCA6.png

1 hour ago, Dave McDonald said:

Roger,

I'm perusing some John Skinner samples just now which include a couple of grey options and I must admit I'm tempted.

Dave McD

Or go like Dave IOW has in his Royal Blue 5

Stuart.

LAM666F_07.thumb.JPG.8d3a1339d099aa45d9fa3394bb45d5f0.JPG

2 minutes ago, Gary Flinn said:

Yes 

Royal Blue with Shadow blue interior is one of my favorites too:rolleyes:

A standard option, not sure Royal Blue/Matador Red interior was? 

No, it wasn’t.

Shadow Blue Interior.JPG

No, it wasn’t.

The beauty of Grey interior is that it will blend nicely with any body colour so if you ever decide to change the body colour the interior trim will blend in nicely.

My 'E'-type will eventually be painted in Carmen Red.

Tom.

Edited by Fireman049
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Colin, looking very nice a great credit to your skills. 

I have seen it and heard it (250 on triple webers), and it certainly is lovely! Great car.
Ian