Hello All,

I have owned various TRs over the years, the first one was a white TR4 which I bought in the 1960s but  after I got married our baby son was born about a year later. There was no suitable area to carry our baby son in the TR so unfortunately  it had to go. In the early 70s when our son was older I then bought another TR4 which was black & I restored this car & owned for 25 years.

But my first love was the TR5 so after I sold on this TR4 I was in the market for a TR5. I discovered a barn find in the early nineties for a sum of 3k. I then restored this car & had it repainted in the original Conifer green. Following on after early retirement being a pub landlord for many years I had at last found my biggest interest. So over the next many years I owned another couple of TR5s & restored them & sold them on to fund the next project. Overall I have restored 4 TR5s including one for a friend of mine & then with the TR5 prices rocketing I restored a couple of 250s which were a lot cheaper to buy. I have currently just completed a restoration of my latest 250 which I will keep because I am getting rather old & do not feel capable in carrying out further restorations.

One final point is how many different colours were the TR5 painted in , so if anyone can help me  also with the colour codes I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks  Peter

Hi Peter,

according to Bill P's book there were  8 colours.

New White                               19

Triumph Racing Green           25

Signal Red                                 32

Jasmine Yellow                       34

Royal Blue                                 56

Valencia Blue                           66

Wedgwood Blue                      26

Black                                         11

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Interesting.   

In looking up the data for Peter I notice that the Blue colours are suffix 6   eg 56 for Royal Blue

Except for Shadow Blue which is 27  (billy no mates)

Anybody know why????

Roger

Edited by RogerH
4 hours ago, RogerH said:

Interesting.   

In looking up the data for Peter I notice that the Blue colours are suffix 6   eg 56 for Royal Blue

Except for Shadow Blue which is 27  (billy no mates)

Anybody know why????

Roger

Shadow blue is a trim colour not an exterior colour.

Stuart.