It fitted nicely onto the engine mount in the end Dave, was more seucre there than on the block.

steve

I do have a nice picture of the setup, but cant upload at the moment as i’ve used up attachment allowance and cant see how to delete !

0.16- 0.17 is good. Mine had 0.19 mm before the rebuilt.

Nominal is 0.15 - 0.20 mm, so you are in the middle.

If you install new ones, they may wear rather quick. The aftermarket ones are plain steel with a very thin coating of wear liner. I woul monitor it and see if it increases quick or not. No need to remove the sump for this.

Waldi

1 hour ago, Waldi said:

0.16- 0.17 is good. Mine had 0.19 mm before the rebuilt.

Nominal is 0.15 - 0.20 mm, so you are in the middle.

If you install new ones, they may wear rather quick. The aftermarket ones are plain steel with a very thin coating of wear liner. I woul monitor it and see if it increases quick or not. No need to remove the sump for this.

Waldi

Thanks, yes i am in no hurry to address and will monitor.

i’ve read that there are a couple of sources of solid / slightly wider thrust washers, one being Racetorations the other in the US i think

steve

On 11/23/2018 at 11:37 AM, Waldi said:

I’m eager to learn:

Why would the thust washers impact oil pressure when worn?

On a 6-pot the other 3 main bearings are of a similar design with no TW at all, so why would it matter?

Additionally. the TW is only on 180 degrees of the circumference.

Or is the 4 pot of a different design?

Thanks,

Waldi

The end float shouldn't hugely affect oil pressure, however if your end float has increased - this is likely an indication that the thrust bearings are showing signs of wear and by inference the big ends and main bearings are likely to have some wear to and this may contribute to lower oil pressure.
if you've go the sump off to do the thrusts  it makes sense to do the other shells as well..

The reality is that there is only need for one of the crank faces to control end float so the designers probably felt it was simpler and cheaper to do this.

Likewise the thrust bearings only being semi-circular is easier from an engineering point of view to stop them rotating.  Given that they generally last a very long time given regular oil changes they were probably right. - a full circle may last longer but simply wasn't required.