Calling all Sapphire Blue TR6 Owners

Brought my TR6 in 1998 from the late Alan Wadley (TR Workshop) which was a US import in green, and had it resprayed Sapphire Blue.

Many years ago I needed some touch up paint and spray can and spent a lot of time finding a good match at the local car shops. Eventually found a match ie Ford Galaxy Blue (CF150), which now seems no longer available.

Can any other Sapphire Blue owners suggest possible alternatives that would be a good color match? Regards, Colin H,.  

Hi Colin

Yep i'd agree with Iain and Roger, get the current colour scanned, which is exactly what i did.

You should find that most good automotive paint and refinishing product suppliers that serve the trade can do that these days. So you'll get the correct shade for your car be the paint 2 years old or 20 years old.

Had mine done locally as an aerosol and it even had the colour recipe printed on the side but of course that only applies to my particular shade of Sapphire repaint and not even that expensive

554791972_SapphireBlue.png.1b9419255815f89a94e12bccfc5a0d24.png

Cheers

Keith

Colin and Duncan

Yep i took my reasonably freshly painted scuttle vent in as it was the smallest part that was painted the same time as the rest.

Beats carrying a door, lol.

Cheers

Keith

Beats carrying a door, lol.

You could always wind the window down if you get hot carrying it!

I'll get my coat!

Regards

Bill