Hello, replacing all the bushes on the front suspension on my 4A, I bought the stuff a couple of years ago and only getting round to it now, there is a bag of 8 seals, Superpro part number SPF2496-8K, I can see where two go, between the vertical link and the trunnion, I can find find no sign where the other 6 (I assume a total of 4 per side) are required, am I missing something?, as always, thanks, Andrew

It seams to be a universal kit for TR2-5 so I suspect they are to replace item No 105 https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/steering-suspension/front-suspension/front-suspension-tr2-3a-tr4.html

Stuart

Hello Stuart/Roger, it looks like the 2/3/4 use seals on the wishbone assembly' but not the 4a and 5, also reading the instructions in another bag when using superpro bushes on the trunnion link pin you discard the seals, cheers, Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,   If you're changing all the bushes on your front suspension (poly bushes is the way to go) you'll need a total of 20.

a) Lower wishbone to fulcrum bracket,  there are 2 per susp.

b) Upper wishbone to fulcrum pin,  there are 4 per susp.

c) Lower wishbone to trunnion,  there are 4 per susp.

For a) & c) the kits usually come with new metal tubes

If you want to do a "full job" (as you will have to strip the suspension) i strongly recommend you to change the trunnion sealing rings associated with c), & the seal trunnion to vertical link. Check the rubber boot between the ball joint & the vertical link ( i would change this too)

Also go for the poly bushes on the shock absorbers , upper mountings 2 per susp,  lower mounting 1 per susp.

If you change the spring collar bushes for poly as well then the whole set up is "poly".

Make sure there are 2 bolts fixing the each fulcrum bracket to the chassis, a nice thick metal plate behind the bolts will give extra strength.

Good luck   Mike

7 hours ago, Mike Powell said:

If you want to do a "full job" (as you will have to strip the suspension) i strongly recommend you to change the trunnion sealing rings associated with c), & the seal trunnion to vertical link.

Not sure if this is true for all poly bushes, but if fitting Superpro bushes, dispense with the sealing rings, they are not needed.

Cheers

Graeme

• 1 year later...

Hi, just so it’s clear to me, I am replacing my bushes with polyurethane, for the trunnions there appears to be 4 sealing rings per side and 4 water shields per side, are these still required ?

Any advice greatly appreciated 

Mike