Centre Dash Ignition Switch

Are the moss centre dash ignition switches any good I notice in the sale they are only £5.65 are they the same as the Lucas boxed ones I wonder, are they all the same supplier , the prices range up to around £20.

Rob

Update - I can confirm the cheap ignition switch is a Chinese item. However the switch body 127651 also sold by Moss is they say American sourced and the key barrel 24G1345  is an original supplier so ordered the latter.

Rob

Ignition parts arrived and on the box guess what! made in China. Went onto Mossmotors American site and they also sell two versions, the American part number on the UK item ends 077 and is the American cheaper one,  the more expensive one ends 070. I cannot see the Chinese make two versions of the same switch.

Rob

I have bought from moss same item and never had any bother with it, I have also bought second had and same result, I don’t think it really matters  IMHO. Cheers Andy

C'mon guys, really? 

Everything is made in China these days...  It's just a question of what build quality you want it made to.  They'll copy highly engineered as well as cheap & nasty (which might reflect some of the 70s BL kit...ahem)

The switch can carry rather a large current if all accessories, wipers, cabin blower etc are powered, I simply fitted a rather large capacity relay to offload all the current draw from the switch. 

Any ignition switch however poorly made (almost), or ancient  can reliably carry the current needed to power a relay.

Alan