Project Binky - update to 20

Hi Pete,

the Myford lathe and ALL its parts are being made anew BY RDG Tools (I think).       https://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog/MYFORD_LATHE_USERS_NEW1.html

But I can't imagine it is cheap. I bought a chinese one from Machine Masrt back in 2009 - can;t do without it.

How swarf do you need.

Roger

Roger, I'm often tempted by second-hand Myfords (and Boxfords, etc) but haven't really got the space in the garage. I used to be a technician in a tech college, and my 'office' had an ML7. One holiday I discovered that the biochemistry lab had a Super 7, unused and still in the grease wrapping, so with a couple of the other technicians I made an unofficial swap. It had the Tri-Leva speed selector, clutch, and screwcutting gearbox, as well as fixed and travelling steadies, various chucks, angle plates, etc. - pretty well all the 1950s Myford catalogue! 

I made a decent extra income making parts for a friend who ran a model shop...

Pete

As Roger says, Myford sold the company to RDG and all the bits are still available.  Unlike my 1934 flat-bed Drummond which is sadly in need of a new leadscrew.....