Water pump help pls

After the NEC trip have been doing a bit on the TR250, it needs a full renovation but I thought I would get it mobile, so got the engine running but the water pump is done for.

I have never ever worked on a pump, but having a spare one I thought I would get a kit and recon it.  But (isn't there always a but) I cannot see how to extract the front bearing, can an

expert tell me where I'm going wrong. or is an extractor tool required?  I Cann't see a bearing at the rear of the pump either.

The impeller came out OK, see pic pls...............

P1070176.JPG

Edited by pfenlon

Very intersting you disassempled the pump this way,

for the TR4 the description on the workshop manual is the other way round, the shaft through the impeller.

What did not work....

Edited by Z320
3 hours ago, TR NIALL said:

So Pete did the DIY fail?

Niall, I couldn't work out how to get the bearing out of the housing, called Craig and his quote was better than sodding about, have you done one like this before?

I did think that others would put me right with ease but no one came up with an answer.

Edited by pfenlon
3 hours ago, pfenlon said:

Niall, I couldn't work out how to get the bearing out of the housing, called Craig and his quote was better than sodding about, have you done one like this before?

I did think that others would put me right with ease but no one came up with an answer.

No Pete haven’t done one,I’m a bit like Craig it’s not worth the effort for £30

22 hours ago, glasgow4a said:

Pete, han my pump rebuilt by EP Services in Wolverhampton 01902 452914 good service good job done cheers Ian.

Not always the case! See my previous posting!