So its been a eventful week or so in TR6 land.

Without boring everyone with the details, the original plates for my car were on 'retention' after the accident for the duration of the restoration. This means the equivalent of the UK DVLA take the plate and store them until you apply them to a vehicle.

We dont have a yearly MOT type test, but, if and when the car registration lapses and/or you get stopped and the vehicle is found to be non-compliant, then you have to go through a major test.

For some reason, they decided that this was no longer the case and sent me a letter saying basically I had until the 19th Nov to register the plates, or they would be destroyed.

There is nothing unique about the number, nor the plate, but I wanted to keep the 'originality' so...last Thurs, the car was passed (first time...naturally) and now is road legal.

TR6_Registered.thumb.jpg.ae7a9be038c9eb7da55f8392072b0958.jpg

I just wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone on here (and no longer here :(that has offered advise, information, assistance, and general encouragement when it started to drag and you wonder if it will ever be finished (and those bloodied knuckles will ever heal!).

Its warming up here for summer (38C tomorrow) and so shes ready just in time for the good weather.

A few jobs still to do, mostly cosmetic (haven't applied the TR6 rear decals yet until I can wet sand and cut/polish) but for the next few months its enjoying it, tweaking and ironing out some of the niggly bits that are bound to pop up after a nut and bolt restoration.

Once again, thanks everyone.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew ~

Beautiful TR

If your rear decals are the self adhesive type then use water with a splash of washing up liquid and apply it to the body.

Immerse the decal in the soapy water and then when you apply it to the body you can move it quite easily until it's in the right position.

Then sponge the decal to remove any air bubbles and then let dry thoroughly.

Applying self adhesive without this method means that as soon as it touches the body then that's it!!

I hope this helps.

Enjoy your lovely car ~

Tom.

Edited by Fireman049

Thanks all for the nice comments.

On 11/15/2018 at 5:37 PM, stuart said:

Looking good Andrew, did you get the Jenson finished as well?

Stuart.

The Jensen is sulking at the moment at the lack of attention its getting but its next on the list for a bit of TLC. It needs a bit of work doing with the welder so I`ll wait until winter until I begin that epic..but I still have it and love the difference between the waft and V8 of the Jensen, and the more frantic and go-cart like experience of the TR. 

Tom,

Thanks for the tip. I`ll cut and polish then apply the decals as the last 'icing on the cake'. 

Cheers

Andrew