CONCOURS ORGANISER - VOLUNTEER WANTED

TR REGISTER CONCOURS ORGANISER

VOLUNTEER WANTED

As you may know, I stepped down as the Concours Organiser following the International Weekend at Lincoln to pursue non-TR related interests.  A keen volunteer is therefore sought to take over this most prestigious event on TR Register calendar and prepare and plan the Concours event in 2019 and beyond.

The role of Concours Organiser involves planning and management of the annual Concours and Pride of Ownership event held at the International Weekend, including:

• Prepare pre and post event articles for TR Action.
  • Reviewing Rules & Guidance and Scoring Sheets.
  • Maintain a list of trained Judges.
  • Encourage new judges and hold training days when required.
  • Pre-register entries and liaise with entrants.
  • Manage and coordinate the event during the International Weekend, including organising prize giving.
  • Collate results and prepare an article for TR Action.
  • Review lessons learned and incorporate into future planning.

Detailed technical and specification knowledge of every model in the TR range is not essential or required, although the successful volunteer would be a good planner and communicator and whilst a working knowledge of MS Access would be useful it is not essential, as detailed instructions on the concours database are provided.

If you wish to volunteer for the role of Concours Organiser then please send an email to Jo Whitty, Office Manager at office@tr-register.co.uk (or phone 01235 818866) telling Jo a little bit about yourself, including any events you have previously organised.

If no one steps forward it is unlikely a Concours event will be held in 2019.

Regards, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith
17 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

So no Concours this year then! Sorry I will not be volunteering but have a gorgeous completely rebuilt TR6 I would like to enter in the non standard.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

Not sure if anyone has volunteered yet Harry or whether any 'joint venture' is planned, it's not my bag any more.  But if contingency plans are not already being worked up or no one volunteers from the club then there'll be no Concours event this year.

Best to phone the office for an answer.

Cheers, Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Start polishing those cars everyone, there will be a concours compertition this year including pride of ownership & triumph

survivors, will post further information in due course.

Harvey S. Maitland

Just for the records Roger I did not actually volunteer I was asked by my very good friend Paul Tunnadine 

I did organise & judge the concours back at Stafford many years ago so I do have some experience in the event

In fact I have just received 3 boxes of  concours material from the office for my perusal over the weekend.

So I will soon be looking for helpers & experienced judges in the near future & of course lots of entrants.

Harvey S. Maitland

Harvey

there has been a good pool of judges assembled over the past 3 years by your predecessor , I am sure there is a list somewhere , unfortunately I will not be able to help his year as I am away .

graham

On 4/17/2019 at 2:09 PM, HSM said:

Start polishing those cars everyone, there will be a concours compertition this year including pride of ownership & triumph

survivors, will post further information in due course.

Harvey S. Maitland                                                                                      

Well done on stepping-up Harvey. 

You have the boxes of concours stuff and the handover USB with all the files and handover notes on.  I'll be out of the country from Saturday for two weeks, but happy to chat once I'm back and you've had time to read and digest the contents of the USB.

Regards, Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your kind messages of support.I am off to Stratford racecourse this Thursday to have a look at the venue

in relation to the concourse competition. Will be back in touch on my return.

Harvey S. Maitland

Visited Stratford racecourse on Thursday to assess the area set aside for the concours. This will not be indoors but their is

provision for approx. 10 cars under partial cover. I now have a list of judges whom I will be contacting in the near future or they

can contact me via. the office if still willing & available. All offers of assistance of any kind will be more than welcome either before

the event or on the day in any capacity.

Harvey S. Maitland

concours organiser

cannot see how you can run a concours  that is not inside and Secure !! . our sponsors are looking for special cars that they then show on their stand and the NEC in november  this will discourage the better cars !!!!!

graham

3 hours ago, tr graham said:

cannot see how you can run a concours  that is not inside and Secure !! . our sponsors are looking for special cars that they then show on their stand and the NEC in november  this will discourage the better cars !!!!!

graham

Yep thats going to be a waste of time especially if its raining, where are the trade stands going to be are they outside as well?

stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the constraints of this years international venue the concours competition will be in

the form of an outdoor display on the Sunday. Entry forms are available by contacting me

through the office.

Harvey S. Maitland

Not a concours competition then just a show and shine , and not even that if its raining !! such a shame after all the Hard work Andrew Smith put in for the last 3 years  from training  a proper pool of judges to encouraging more entrants !! i fail to see where the venue has anything to do with it , there is plenty of room for a large Marque if nothing inside , i bet the CONSTRAINTS do not restrict the Autosolo to a 5mph speed limit .

graham

I have reluctantly decided due to work commitments that I can no longer give the concours  competition

the time & commitment that it rightly deserves & therefore will no longer be involved with its organisation.

Harvey S. Maitland

No concours then!

I always look forward to this and seeing the TR,s indoors in a secure place.

I was hoping to show an interesting EFI TR6 after a ground up restoration and first time out since 1989.

Apart from a health issue a number of years ago I have been to every one.

Looking at what is on offer this year I am in two minds wether I want to go or not.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter