hi guys

just finished putting made dash together and to say that dash pad has fitted is a understatement.

it looks terrible.

I am going to have to buy a another one but where should I buy it.

the tr6 is lhd version I do not know if this make any difference.

paul

Dash top pad is universal, TR Shop ones are good but you do have to take your time fitting it with the screen frame off and the dash out

Stuart.

Hi Paul, 

I've just gone through the process of replacing the crash pads, here are two types of crash pads, a new (cheap) version from Rimmer's and Moss which is foam/rubber injection mould about £110, then there is the original process with a vinyl grained  cover and a standard internal  foam base , this cost about £160 from Moss and is made by Classic Gold Authentic Reproductions, and matching the original crash pad. Initially I order the cheaper version from Rimmer's and while the product was not damaged the quality does not match original, I sent this back and ordered the vinyl  version from Moss, this is a very good quality dash pad and was easy to fit, it needed a little trimming of the vinyl in certain places.

before and After photos

Regards Phil

dash1.JPG

dash2.JPG

thanks phil sturat and roger 

What you describe is exactly what I found the rimmer was not best fit. It have bits missing as you can see in the photo.

I am in spain so by time I order it and it arrives I have no choice so that why I am asking this time .

The switch crash pad was to thick to accept the controls as the where no threads left to fit the nuts very annoying 

20181114_165241.jpg

Hi Paul, yes that's the cheaper one I sent back, see photo of the vinyl one below its much better quality, using a small amount of contact adhesive and a hot air gun on the underside and ends  helps to get a perfect fit.

As for the centre switch pad, I had the same problem as it was too thick, if yours is the same as mine you need to take a hobby/craft knife and cut some of the rubber away at the back, you will find there is a metal plate that runs the length of the switch pad with the holes cut for the correct switches, so you can cut down to the plate. Another problem I  encountered and I know others have had the same is when the switch pad is in place there can be a gap one side lining up with the side pad,  the answer is use a heat gun and clamps to try and reshape it to fit,  but its still not perfect, the gap is smaller and on the  the underside so not really seen. I have noticed since I screwed the pad in place it has bowed in the middle I may have over tightened it , or I may need to get the heat run out again. My switches are slightly different  as I'm installing hazard lights

Regards Phil

dash4.JPG

dash3.JPG

Yes, had the same problem, purchased a Rimmer crash pad and sent it back as absolute rubbish.  Got one instead from the TR Shop which was far superior.  I managed to fit mine without having to remove the windscreen frame.  Basically, because I couldn't get the frame out (a common problem) .  Was able to slacken off the post brackets which allowed me to lift the frame just enough so that I slide the leading edge of the crash pad underneath then drop the frame back down, then retighten the post brackets.