Angle grinder part ...whats it called

Just had a 'moment' in the garage. I was trying out the new 'shrinking disc' kit I had recently purchased. I got it from the States so it turned up with an AF lock nut/sleeve, rather than the M14 one needed for a uk spec angle grinder. No problem thinks me, sure I have one with my existing angle grinder, said item duly located and fitted and off I go. 2 minutes into the process queue very loud bang followed by boot lid which was working on flying one way across the garage and the disc flying the other. such is the energy in the disc it took a good minute ( i kid you not) to stop spinning on the garage floor.

Upon examination of the angle grinder the sleeved locknut head had sheared off, then I released the ones provided with the kit are steel and then one I had fitted was alloy.

Anyway to my point anybody know what they locknut thing I broke is actually called, I though it was just a locking collar, but that refers to the flat threaded locking rings used with cutting/grinding discs and I need one with a threaded sleeve on it like you would use with a sanding disc. 

18 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Graham,

have you got a photo of the item.

Roger

Here you are Roger just looking for exactly the same except with an M14 threaded hole !  ATB Graham 

P1010781.JPG

I may have a spare one of those in my shed. I’m away at the moment but I’ll have a look when I get home if it will help. 

It will have come from a Clarke angle grinder. I burnt out a couple of them during my rebuild. 

Rgds Ian

5 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

I may have a spare one of those in my shed. I’m away at the moment but I’ll have a look when I get home if it will help. 

It will have come from a Clarke angle grinder. I burnt out a couple of them during my rebuild. 

Rgds Ian

Ian many thanks for you kind offer, but I managed to get a Makita one and cut it down to suit.