Wheel spats... Anyone ?

You bet me to it Edwin!, they are going to be my project for next year. There was someone over in the States who had some on eBay, and there are some drawings around on the net. I have a friend few hours drive away who has a pair on his Tr3 when I get a chance I'll get some photos.

How's  the cockpit coming along are you?

cheers Shane 

As Shane suggests above, there seem to be quite a few pictures available if you were looking to tailor a pair specifically to your own rear wings. Didn't RevingtonTR used to stock these?

RevTRSpat.jpg

TRSpatA.jpg

TRSpatB.jpg

TRSpatC.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers
Picture size reduced

Edwin,

Sorry I can't help with sourcing originals.Those that I have are the only ones I've ever seen in the flesh,

and they were originally fitted to the then TR Kent group leader's (Ken Lancaster) 1958 TR3A. (from new as I remember)

The car passed to another Kent TR disciple, Swiss national Max Schlaepfer, who, bless him, like a lot of philistines,

couldn't stand them and wanted wire wheels fitted so....

As i might have bored this forum before....

he gave them to me on my 21st birthday (45 years ago!) but I never got to fit them to any of my previous half dozen TRs.

I have now rectified the situation, but as the fittings remained on the 3A and they are not available, copies were

made from the various drawings available by my talented body man.I did try Glenn at Protek but never got a response.

Like a lot of folk, I also rather like wire wheels, so I'm configuring my car so as to allow the use of either wire or

steel wheels. (spacers and bolt on adapters).

If you do end up having to have a set made (I'm sure an original pair will turn up on Ebay eventually, everything does!),

I'm sure I can help with dimensions and profliles.

Good luck with the search!

Roger M-E

ps. Can anyone tell me how to stop the double spacing scrolling (as above)?