Decided to have another go

What ho TR competitors.  Some of you may remember me from years past.  I won the Hillclimb championship in 1992 also went off and did 6 years in the race Championship.  I've been away until recently mainly boating but have now decided to come and have another go at the hills.  It would be nice to win again after 26 years!!  New steed will be a 3.9 litre class 2B 7V8 which I have a whole winter to fettle into competitive shape.  As you can see the car is a very pretty one and my wife has warned me not to go off at: bunny's leap, the gate, sawbench,  ashes, quarry, camp, ettores and a few others (not that I have ever done that before!).  Looking forward to seeing y'all next year.

Larry J-C

20181106_150217(0).jpg

Hi Larry

welcome back. I’m a newbie having only done 2 seasons. (‘17/‘18)

see you in the paddock in ‘19

H

Well..... Welcome back.. I remember you (I think?!) You used to be called Larry Jerome-Croft and you were (training to be) an Admiral in HM Royal Navy?

Also, you ‘borrowed’ a couple of helicopter jet engines, put one into an old TR4 and equally excited and terrified all involved?

Also......... Yep, new car does look pretty!

Tony 

Hi Larry J-C ~

I love the open TR7/8. I was once offered a pale metallic blue roadster which was really beautiful but unfortunately I didn't have a garage for it.

I just can't take to the FHC version. I only wish that they hadn't applied that swage line down the side of the body.

Tom.

My past is catching up with me - yes we had the most powerful TR in the world - with a 1200hp Gnome gas turbine from a Wessex helicopter.  Only a proof of concept with that nice Mister Revington.  It did work.

1.  Prefilght checks.jpeg

Yep, I used to rally with Neil at that time (only once in that tatty old blue (4 VC) one sticking out the garage - we undoubtedly had the best car (and possibly driver in Neils honest opinion) but,  my first time navigating, it all went horribly wrong - That’s another story ...

However, for all my dodgy driving in the wet, I never frightened him as much as the thought of that turbine letting-go at x amount of revs right next to his Crown Jewels 

Yes but the engine has a titanium shield around that area, we added a 1/4 inch steel plate transmission cover and the engine itself had an overpseed trip system that we had tested.

Larry Jeram-Croft I remember you well especially from your Race Championship days. Affectionately known amongst the TR racers as J cloth.

Last time I saw you was racing at Anglesey with your son in an MG Maestro languishing at the back if I remember correctly!

Mike

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, Larryjc said:

Yes but the engine has a titanium shield around that area, we added a 1/4 inch steel plate transmission cover and the engine itself had an overpseed trip system that we had tested.

I seem to remember that it only operated in reverse or something!

See you next year Larry

Regards

John Weedon

• 7 months later...

Hi Larry,

Just letting you know I still have Q502UOC that I bought from you twenty odd years ago. Have been to Ireland and France with it and a few sprints many years ago. It’s just had a new mohair hood fitted. Glad you are back with a TRv8

Graham

Edited by Graham Young