My TR6 has got the red rear side markers and are wired in to come on when the lights are on, so far so good.

I want to change to amber as I think it looks better with the light wrapping round the rear body and flows better. 

So my options are keep the illumination but now in amber, remove the bulbs and have no side marker, or hook them into the indicator circuit (would this slow them down too much? )

Any opinions and thoughts please. 

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

my 6 has orange lens on the side rears, when I replaced the seals a couple of months ago I saw there was a bulb and lead not connected, so I piggy backed it onto the indicators. They work fine with no adverse affect.

Cheers,

Vince.

Strangely I was expecting the indicators to go slower with another bulb in the circuit, but actually they've sped up a tad, to what sounds and looks like a more normal rate compared to before. 

Gareth, just captured your post, only to say when you increase the load (i.e. more bulbs) in the lighting circuit, more current (amps) are drawn; this will increase the heat in the indicator flasher unit causing a more rapid movement of the mechanism (guess its still a bimetallic strip of old). In summary what you witnessed was correct. In the olden days when a main indicator bulb failed, there wasn't enough current to operate the flasher and hence the other main bulb just stayed on! Best Regards Trevor

I appreciate you posting Trevor, that explains perfectly what I've witnessed. As I say it actually seems to be at a better (more normal) rate now. And yes I do remember seeing an indicator lit but not flashing years ago and now I know why! 

Cheers

Gareth

With new lens:

IMG_20181109_164308_382.jpg.8a37a22d40f3d8a95a10ceb82bc197fa.jpg