Where is she now?

Hello,

I have trawled through the 20 pages of registrations but no sign of my once so loved (but latterly, shamefully neglected Pimento TR6.)

After 26 years ownership she went about 14 years ago. Plate WVX 545L.

Please let me know if you own or have seen her.

Many thanks

Brendan - a returning member looking to get back into a TR (Now days, it's such a squeeze for my 6'4", big footed bulk  - they seem to have shrunk over time) Perhaps a nice £3A is the

way to go.

11 hours ago, EXTR6 said:

Hello,

I have trawled through the 20 pages of registrations but no sign of my once so loved (but latterly, shamefully neglected Pimento TR6.)

After 26 years ownership she went about 14 years ago. Plate WVX 545L.

Please let me know if you own or have seen her.

Many thanks

Brendan - a returning member looking to get back into a TR (Now days, it's such a squeeze for my 6'4", big footed bulk  - they seem to have shrunk over time) Perhaps a nice £3A is the

way to go.

Its still around though out of MOT now according to its history. https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Stuart.

Thank you very much Stuart.

I did an MOT search shortly after my post. I should have reposted with that news. But I am grateful for your efforts on my behalf.

By the look of her chequered MOT history, she has not, since me, been restored.  

I had spent £2000 on various structural repairs during the couple or three years she spent at the Wimbledon incarnation of Cox and Buckles.  She had also received a new half engine in the nineties following a snapped con' rod whilst doing 75mph on an autobahn. (luckily, there was a new half gathering dust at Loxley's). Once back in England,  I installed the new block with the help of my nephew.  Also, before its sojourn at C&B it had had new valences fitted elsewhere. 

C&B, not unreasonably, wanted the car gone after so much free garaging, and only £2000 spent over time, but they gave me only 24 hours notice to get it out. With no alternative storing space, no tax and no insurance, a "convenient" buyer materialised just in time and I had to let her (probably "he" now) go for £2,000!

I had so much going on at the time, not least redundancy (I was soon (ish) back on my feet but too late for my car) that I was out of options.  She went, I moved on, but she left a small, yet persistent, glimmer in my heart.

The time has come. A 3A or with dieting and a gym regime, a 4A. I can't run to a restored 5.

Brendan

Brendan, 

Your old TR6 has been in the TR Register with a new owner since November 2017 and is recorded as being in very good condition. All I can tell you is that the owner lives in Suffolk. 

Derek

Hi Brendan,

Al Warner (Director C&B) is a very good mate of mine and I remember your TR6 at Wimbledon when he was doing some work on my 3A in early 2003, look closely below.....

45743071_10213097240400854_1936495793355

45683746_10213097240520857_6148860251094

Hope you manage to get back in contact with WVX. I bought back my old TR6 (VUX) this summer after 5 years of being without it and being in the doghouse, see: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/67010-vux-is-now-back-home/

Never give up hope.

Cheers, Andrew

Brendan

Have sent you a PM ( personal message) - it's in your mailbox which is the envelope icon in the top right of a forum page and if you have an unread message in it, it will have a red tag by it

Cheers

Rich

7 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

Hi Brendan,

Al Warner (Director C&B) is a very good mate of mine and I remember your TR6 at Wimbledon when he was doing some work on my 3A in early 2003, look closely below.....

45743071_10213097240400854_1936495793355

45683746_10213097240520857_6148860251094

Hope you manage to get back in contact with WVX. I bought back my old TR6 (VUX) this summer after 5 years of being without it and being in the doghouse, see: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/67010-vux-is-now-back-home/

Never give up hope.

Cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew,

That is amazing Andrew! Thank you very much.

So, that was 2003.  I really can't remember exactly when she came out and was sold. It all happened very quickly and (not much) cash changed hands. I think I was in denial for some time and expunged the memory.

Hey ho! Jan and I got back from the NEC at about 10pm having left home at 6 am. We were delayed by a late Virgin Train which then travelled at a reduced speed due to "slippery rails"!

It was raining! I have heard it all now; the snow, frozen points the wrong leaves, signal failure, drivers taking sickies and .........slippery rain!  I have to say though, its was very comfortable in first class with reasonably priced advance purchase Trainline tickets. (Balance in all things - especially car engines).

A great day at the show though; saw several incarnations of my ex-car (in red) along with many wonderful examples of various marques and chatted to some very pleasant exhibitors who will be bushed (or need new polybushes) by Sunday evening.

Thanks again

Best

Brendan

PS TheTurk and the TR6 look wonderful.