TR 3 Dipswitch position

I am In the process of converting left hand drive to right hand drive. It is not obvious where the dipswitch bracket attaches to the floor/ bulkhead for a right hand drive car. I have sourced the correct RH bracket. A description or photo would be most welcome. Regards, David.

David, if you look at what was the passenger side footwell, just below the hole where the end of the accelerator shaft came through the clamshell into the footwell there are two cage nuts one above the other. They do nothing on a LHD car but I always assumed they were for the RHD dip switch.

Stan

RHD dip sw.JPG

Edited by foster461
added image

David,

I was surprised when I discovered those holes/nuts when I converted mine.

A tip would be to pass a tap through the nuts before you try to fit the bracket.
Mine were clogged with paint and it’s easier to run a tap through first as it is such an awkward place to get to, especially if you find the bolts binding up while trying to hold the bracket in place.

Charlie.

15 hours ago, Lebro said:

That is correct.  there is a third hole with captive nut as shown.

22 hours ago, foster461 said:

David, if you look at what was the passenger side footwell, just below the hole where the end of the accelerator shaft came through the clamshell into the footwell there are two cage nuts one above the other. They do nothing on a LHD car but I always assumed they were for the RHD dip switch.

Stan

RHD dip sw.JPG

Bob.