TR3a almost finished for sale

Ok, firstly ignore the red7 it is really me Red6 but I have had to become red7 because for some reason I cannot log in as red6!!!!! but I will sort this out next week.

So I have been rebuilding my UK pre 6000 Tr3a for about 3 years and can go no further due to other more pressing commitments and I thought I would offer it here first.

Briefly it is a 1960 pre 6000 UK car. The previous owner (a friend) used the car almost every day for 40+ years and I bought it to restore it.

The present situation is the car has been stripped, shot blasted and the chassis rebuilt and is painted to within an inch of its life.

The body tub had all the rust cut out and replaced with new panels and sections ie the battery box and rear chassis mountings etc  then painted in signal red. The engine bay is particularly shiny.

The engine has been rebuilt with new pistons and liners, water pump, oil pump, and all the bits that wear plus the head is unleaded. The gearbox is a TRGB rebuilt item.

The chassis/ engine/ gearbox/running gear/ Stainless steel exhaust etc has been mated with the painted body tub, the panels fitted with the door gaps set. Plus the plumbing for the brakes and fuel line are in place with the callipers and new brake drums fitted with new parts and brake pads.

The wheels are the original steel item with recent tyres and all blasted and painted.

Most of the body shell is in primer with the rear of the car almost ready for paint.

Most of the ancillary items are painted and ready to fit plus the chrome work is rather nice with most of it being re chromed by Ken Mumford who has seen the car at almost every stage of it's restoration.

There are lots of new parts inc a wiring loom and lots of receipts from Moss.

I am open to offers but think it is well worth £13K which is less than I paid for it plus the parts!

if anyone is interested then send me a PM. The car is in Enfield and I have "lots"  of pictures.

Regards,

Tom.

ps forgot to add that it also has a steel hard top as well as a hood, plus the side screens are from Ken Mumford.

Edited by red7

Normal service has now been resumed thanks to Wayne for helping get my log in back.

I have also discovered how to reduce the size of pictures so here are a few.

Yes I know the fan is on the wrong side of the radiator, thank you, and yes it is in the right place

P1040924.jpg

P1040952.jpg

P1060566.jpg

P1080127.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...