I'm now finally nearing the end of the restoration of my 61 3a and spent yesterday going through the array of left over bits and pieces and have this hinge, Seat runners and I think 2 dash supports (see black items in photo) which I thought were for a TR4 but I'm not sure this is the case, does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks

Graeme

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

3 hours ago, Graeme Robinson said:

I'm now finally nearing the end of the restoration of my 61 3a and spent yesterday going through the array of left over bits and pieces and have this hinge, Seat runners and I think 2 dash supports (see black items in photo) which I thought were for a TR4 but I'm not sure this is the case, does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks

Graeme

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

The 4 rails on the right (with square holes in) bolt onto the floor to support the seat runners.

The assembly on the left I believe is for a later car - certainly not right for a TR3

The two items next in from the left clip onto the rails on the right, they have the spring loaded lock to fix seat in position, there should be two more without the spring lock.

The two black bars are often the source of some discussion, I have two left over myself !  They do not support the dash, but may be fixed under it (& the glove box) to maybe bolt a radio on to ???

The hinge may well be correct for a 3A, mine are the earlier brass ones, & look different.

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Mmmmmh, I think Bob nearly got it about the black bars, but a picture showing them under a different angle could help.

Imho, they are the one who support the centre of the dash, both side, under the heater if you have one.

Edited by Chris59
43 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Mmmmmh, I think Bob nearly got it about the black bars, but a picture showing them under a different angle could help.

Imho, they are the one who support the centre of the dash, both side, under the heater if you have one.

Nope, they are not bent, & are shorter than those in the photo.

Bob.

Regarding the long black bars: Could it be radiator support, but for a TR4 (using a similar radiator) or a TR4A (using a wider radiator)?
For a TR4 I would expect longer supporting struts than for a TR3/A/B as the track is wider and the inner wing is different)

Johannes

1 hour ago, Lebro said:

Nope, they are not bent, & are shorter than those in the photo.

Bob.

You must be right, Bob, I didn't realised they are that long

Thanks all, the hinges on my car are square which is why I didn't think this was a 3a hinge but having looked on line I can see that it does look to be a 3a hinge and presumably of a later design?

I've attached another shot of the black brackets showing a view of the underside; I agree that they do look too long and I cant see where they would fit although I have seen pictures of them previously as a 3a item; bit if a mystery!

Thanks once again, 

Graeme

IMG_0323.jpg

Possibly Radio support bars though I have never seen them fitted to a sidescreen car.

The hinge is for a post 60K car.

Stuart.

21 hours ago, ijonsson said:

The hinge looks like my TR2 door hinges

Tom Mull is right, mine at the TR2 are brass and all square in shape, a similar one to the one shown is still in a box of surplus parts.