Morning all I have just removed the rear wing as it has rot above the rear light, (Tr4a) looking more closely it has had a few repairs and I may need to replace the wing. Has anyone purchased a new wing lately and where did you get it form, or can some point me I the right direction to get a new rear wing from thanks.

mike  Redrose group.

Hi Mike,

if you only have a small area of rot it may be best to stick with what you have already.

Posters on here over the years have recommended  'the flying EnglishMen' on Ebay. They renovate old StanPart wings.  Wolverhampton area.

Roger

Bastuk wings are pretty good and much better than the retros that were available in the past. There can not be much left of the original new old stock. Yes the panels are slightly thinner gauge but work.I am just pleased that they are being remade again and hats off to Bastuk.

Regards Harry

Repair what you have unless they are really rotten is always the better way to go. The Bastuck wings are as stated thinner so a solution but not the best.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the wing after a light sandblasting it is past its best, so decided to have a new wing from Bastuck. First fit and it fits pretty well just needs a little work around the rear light area. By the time it’s been on and off 20 times it may just fit as I would like it to.

Mike. Redrose group 

94C06862-88BB-4B05-A031-639514705001.jpeg

6311FE8F-EF3B-4F44-85AD-0C9F96A5B16D.jpeg

723B3549-80CC-4E9F-8BC5-B117EF89755D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks a good match mike well done. 

Screen sealer ??!! Not bothering with the bolts then :ph34r:

To be honest thats what both of my rears were like, I just repaired them and only replaced one year before last after 25yrs due to accident damage.

Stuart.

Having done such a splendid job, I hope that you will be fitting inner wheel arch protectors to reduce the amount of mud etc. which would otherwise accumulate under the wing(s) and cause rot to commence very soon.  It's amazing how much mud, grit, salt etc. can be harboured within unprotected wings.

Ian Cornish