OK

so here is the problem,

SWMBO's eurobox needs discs and pads, went to start, and Bu**er, the collar on the stud, that is the locator for the Locking wheelnut key,

sheers off the body of the stud, real flimsy job, and if the stud, now with no way of undoing it is as tight as the other three, I'm in the preverbial,

and its got, not inexpensive alloys on to boot!

Any ideas folks, cuase I havn't.

John.

Provided you are not now left with a rotating collar on the stud, and that the wheel hole is big enough, you might find something like this will do it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MultiWare-Sockets-Locking-Remover-Damaged/dp/B01M75BO86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1541072157&sr=8-2&keywords=wheel+nut+extractor

Otherwise take the car to the local tyre depot who should have a means of removing it.

Either way the wheel might suffer cosmetically.

Hi John, 

Sorry to hear of your woes. I cannot quite picture the issue, but something like this might help ...

Or, this if you have a spinning collar ....

Hope it is of some use.

Cheers, Darren

58 minutes ago, RobH said:

Provided you are not now left with a rotating collar on the stud, and that the wheel hole is big enough, you might find something like this will do it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MultiWare-Sockets-Locking-Remover-Damaged/dp/B01M75BO86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1541072157&sr=8-2&keywords=wheel+nut+extractor

Otherwise take the car to the local tyre depot who should have a means of removing it.

Either way the wheel might suffer cosmetically.

Good tip Rob, at £13 I have ordered one as it looks to be a useful tool to add to my arsenal of weapons !

Watch out for the Prime red wording though - you now have to click on "Read more" in order to prevent being entered into a free trial.

Bob.

Hi Bob

I unwittingly fell into the Prime trial a couple of months ago.  I realise it a few minutes later and straightaway went into my profile to cancel it.  Managed this without a problem - as verified by looking the next day to make sure that I was not identified as being a Prime customer.

The interesting thing was  I received - and ignored - a couple of emails asking if I was sure I wanted to leave Prime.  Over the next 2-3 weeks, any parcels I received were delivered as though I was a Prime customer. Further checks on my customer status at the time all confirmed that I was not and I certainly did not pay any extra.  Eventually, all returned back to normal service.

Good luck John, - I had similar when I went to change pads; finding that my wife, natural blonde btw, had thrown away the locking wheel nut key “it was just hanging round the glovebox never getting used”.

I tried everything available at the time and the tyre guy’s laughed in disbelief rather than offering any solutions.. In the end, I managed to hammer a cheap and nasty socket on really tight and that worked where all of the above suggestions failed.

(On a final note, don’t let Tom or, his sort, come on here and tell you to “drive it to Liverpool”....

Tony - proud ‘Scouser’ although I’ve lived everywhere in the world but for the past 50 years

Very common on Vauxhall’s! Any competent garage should be able to arc weld a bolt on to it, and it will come off easily......then fit a standard nut/bolt.

Thanks Guys,

I'll look at these 'reverse' sockets. First thought was to weld a nut onto the stub,

done that before on manifold studs etc.,  but been warned off going near this car with a welder,

and I can't even disconnect the battery - some fancy thing - because of the stop/start facililty on the car?

John.