My key fell out

I had to install a replacement ignition switch last year because the original failed to function (the switch component fell to bits).

But the new one no longer locks the key in place, you can pull the key out with the engine still running. Or as happened yesterday, the key fell out while I was driving and ended up under my feet. This is probably not the best way to do things.

It this something I can fix or do I need to invest in a new switch?

And if so, are these any good: https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/steering-lock-assembly-with-ignition-switch-219061-1.html

It looks different to one I got last year.

29 minutes ago, fisicx said:

I had to install a replacement ignition switch last year because the original failed to function (the switch component fell to bits).

But the new one no longer locks the key in place, you can pull the key out with the engine still running. Or as happened yesterday, the key fell out while I was driving and ended up under my feet. This is probably not the best way to do things.

It this something I can fix or do I need to invest in a new switch?

And if so, are these any good: https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/steering-lock-assembly-with-ignition-switch-219061-1.html

It looks different to one I got last year.

I assume that we are talking about a steering lock type and you have a CR type TR6 and not a US model? As BL had more than one type fitted to TR's! Graham can probably tell us the exact info. My TR6 1973 has a WASO type fitted and that is original OEM. Regarding your problem send it back for a refund or exchange even if a bit older than 12 months old. My view is keep the pressure on suppliers as we don't want **** parts!

Bruce.