Aluminium cylinder head.

I have an aluminium cylinder head for the 4 cylinder TR engine, bought years ago, but never fitted. I'm now considering doing so. I'm wondering though what the experience has been with these heads; they've been around now for quite a while, although I don't know how widespread their use has been. Specifically, I'd like to know if  they have proved to be as reliable as  the original cast iron ones? And are there any particular considerations when fitting them?

When the Spares Development Fund (SDF) produced a report towards the end of 2017, I stated:

TR4A Cylinder Heads 511695

Sales of TR4A Cylinder Heads (511695) from Moss reached 637 by the end of 2017.  Approximately two alloy heads have been sold for every one in cast iron.

As far as I am aware, the number of problems reported has been very small indeed, but I'm sure that Jeff marks (at Moss) would give a very honest answer.

Make sure that you follow the written guidance about fitting to the letter.

Ian Cornish

Edited by ianc
Additional info.