Where is the like button on this forum?

Hmmmm, no 'likes' for me either but I have a PC and I think I was the only person to actually hand over money for 'Vista' since when I have received patches daily running into thousands - small wonder nothing works... it's RAM must resemble the brain of Frankenstein's monster.

Sumfin else (I put that in for the benefit of Stanpartmanpartwolf who only understands hoodie slanguage - if slanguage becomes a new word in the dictionary, you heard it here first) I have only just noticed - the register now ascribes 'reputations' to the members.

So why is it that all those great and good who have posted 50 times have a positive value of +3 to +5 whereas I have posted 200 plus times and I have a NIL value. To quote John Cleese "I am a pointless waste of space". Have I made the fatal error of not giving out enough 'Dahling' likes to others?! How and where do I get my pluses from? I feel this is an 'ism' of some sort but I don't know what to call it yet.... maybe favourit'ism!  Should I view it as a positive - a bit like everyone is a winner - my 'warnings' have gone and from now on the worst I can be is 'NIL'. Hurrah!

27 minutes ago, RogerH said:

You appear to have become a 'Status Quo' tribute band without trying.

I wouldn't worry about reputations.  They are only for tarnishing by others.

Roger

'LIKE'

Heard on car radio on the way home that Twitter is to lose it's 'Like' button!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-10-30/twitter-is-talking-about-removing-the-like-button/10447848

Moi? Like, whatever!

John

Hi John

Thanks for the update, Twitter are looking at side stepping the 'like' button with Emojis purely to keep up with FaceBook.

There is some argument that it will still be on Twitter next year and beyond.

Best wishes,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Can any of the moderators given an update on the missing 'Like' button that some of the members (including me) cant't see due to a software permissions issue.

Best wishes, Mike

58 minutes ago, MikeThomas said:

Can any of the moderators given an update on the missing 'Like' button that some of the members (including me) cant't see due to a software permissions issue.

Best wishes, Mike

Wayne is working on it.. it’s quite a mystery!

This had me scratching my head for a while, but it should now be resolved. What I did not realise is that although all the permissions were set correctly, there was another setting in quite a different part of the forum admin for setting a limit on how many reactions groups of users could have. It was set stupidly low, or to 0. This explains why everyone was merrily using it when we launched the new version and then it disappeared for some and not others! 

Now all set to unlimited and should be operational for all. 

Well done Wayne for sorting it out, I was up to speed with the permissions issue but not the the limiter, you learn something everyday.

Thanks also to Tom for his moderating role, much appreciated guys.

Best wishes,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I can use the like button, the image appears broken (missing the image). I've tried this on mobile (android) and PC,

thanks

Gareth

On 11/14/2018 at 10:16 PM, Wayne Scott said:

This had me scratching my head for a while, but it should now be resolved. What I did not realise is that although all the permissions were set correctly, there was another setting in quite a different part of the forum admin for setting a limit on how many reactions groups of users could have. It was set stupidly low, or to 0. This explains why everyone was merrily using it when we launched the new version and then it disappeared for some and not others! 

Now all set to unlimited and should be operational for all. 

Wayne, is there a reason why the 'Like' button doesn't appear on moderators' posts?

Pete

1 hour ago, stillp said:

Wayne, is there a reason why the 'Like' button doesn't appear on moderators' posts?

Pete

No one 'likes' us?? :(