Hi Folks,

I am trying to buy 4 Vredstein T-TRac2 tyres. My normal supplier has no stock.

Having looked at the Sprint Classic (2.5x in price) there is no specification for grip, economy etc  Does anybody know why they have no EU spec.

At this price I assume they are a superior tyre to the T-TRac.

Roger

Hi Roger,

The Sprint Classics are certainly superior looking - I have the T-Trac 2 tyres and they have a really cheap ‘pattern’ on the surface of the tyre wall that looks like it cam from the bargain section of Clinton Cards !!  All shiny and reflective.

If you actually need to replace your tyres due to wear, I’d splash out and buy the Sprint Classics.

Ikm good at spending other people’s money.

Chris

If your'e Ok with 195x65x15's - have a look at Vredestein Quatrac 5's..  I've just fitted them to my 6 and oh what a difference. A lovely ride and plenty of grip. Much much better than the Vredestein  classics 185x70x15's, that they replaced. Plus very reasonable price.

I use the Sprint Classic on my TR3A - hillclimbing, sprinting and regularity rallying.  

Not quite as good as Michelin XAS but half the price.

I'd recommend and will buy again when the time comes

I drove as fast as I dared in the pouring rain around SPA last year after fitting Vredestein Classic Sprints (and to me I was really pushing it) with no hint of sliding away or skidding,

Really impressed and these are classed as summer tyres! 185x70x15

Ride comfort, great.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

I had them on my Healey 3000, but am not a racing boy; they were ok for me and looked nice. Around 150 euro’s in Holland.

Have a set for my TR6 too, bought on “Marketplace” on Panasports 15”, but not driven it yet.

I can notice no difference in performance wet or dry between the T Trac2 and the sprints; I have one car with each. 

As previously mentioned the T Trac2 has a lurid sidewall pattern so if aesthetics are a priority pay the premium. 

Roger,

I read your previous thread where you mentioned Camskill.co.uk  as a good source for the Vredstein T-TRac2 tyres.

Last Friday (Less than 8 days ago) they had them in stock for less than £40 each.

For some stupid reason I decided not to buy them until this Tuesday.

I went to the site….

No longer in stock !!!!

I was going to PM you to complain that YOU had bought the last ones they had.

I guess not.

I’m on their eMail list to be told of when they will be back.

Will they be the same price?

I wonder…

Charlie.

2 hours ago, Fireman049 said:

Hi Waldi ~

Lucky you with an Austin Healey 3000!!!   I'd give anything on earth to own one. What colour is it?

Regards ~

Tom.

Hi Tom,

it is black, triple carb MK2, but sold it about 6 years ago, it was a good driver, not a show car.

Waldi

195/65 and 205/65 are modern tires for modern cars like the VW Golf.

They have to fullfill quite heavy specifications and that is the way they work.

They are simply excellent and far superior over a 50 year old construction where just the rubber mixture

is told to be changed but in practice older tires in Germany became very slippery especially in the wet.

I decided to rely on that little bit of extra safety with modern tires because all the other cars around have

these tires and additionally ABS and all that stuff. They simply will stand still when we are still flying with our TRs!

Vredestein T -Trac is for "little or small"cars not for "sports cars" it is a "low technologie tyre" normal use.

Sprint classic is modern technologie tyre, with classic looks, special designed for classic sports cars like Jaguars, Healyes, Triumphs, ect. That is why have the "old size" in there program.

Marcel

8 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Folks,

Having looked at the Sprint Classic (2.5x in price) there is no specification for grip, economy etc  Does anybody know why they have no EU spec.

Roger

My tyres .co.uk are shewing 165*80*15 TTrack2 at ££88.  In stock.

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&kategorie=6&tabs=on&Breite=165&Quer=80&Felge=15&sowigan=So&suchen=Search+for+tyres

Peter W

I know that T-Tracs have a lot of fans - especially on TR2's and 3's.

On my TR4 I've run both the sprint classics and the Winter classics in 165/80 size on tarmac, gravel, mud and snow (just the Winters) doing similar mileages to you, Roger - a fair few of them rallying miles.  I've found virtually nothing to complain about with either.  I wouldn't necessarily say that they are the grippiest things in the world, especially in the skinny size, but then I like to have a loose rear end anyway (ooer... :wacko:) - gives me the kind of control I like on the rougher stuff.

I have no doubt that the expensive Michelins (or Pirellis) are better tyres overall, but I've never been able to justify the price given how the Vreds feel to me...

Hi Roger

just my two penny worth, and I don’t do the mileage you do so can’t comment on longevity. 

But I had the vred sprint classics on my previous classic a SP250. 

And put them on my 3a when I bought it later part 2016. 

I used them on the road and did the club sprint championship (10th over all and 2nd in class) 2017.

this year they are my road and track day tyres. 

This is a video of a very ! Wet castle Combe where they really were very impressive. 

but I do realise that there is a big price differentiation. 

H

Edited by Hamish
Add vid
10 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Hi Pete,

Camskill do the T-Trac for £45 (ish).

At £88 I would rather go the whole hog and get the Sprint Classic

Choices choices

Roger

I have Sprint Classics on the 2 and the Stag. They look the part but I have had issues. The ones on the 2 are now ~ 8 years old and have flat spotted - probably when the car has been standing although I do pump up the pressure come the winter months and the car is used on dry winter days too. The tyres on the Stag have some strange lumps and bumps in the sidewalls, some appearing within weeks of fitting just a few years ago - Vredestein have assured me they are nothing to worry about, and I've seen similar 'deformities' on other cars shod with Sprint Classics, e.g. XK Jags.

Will I fit Sprint Classics again - I'm not sure. My issue is finding standard tyres of the right size for bot cars though.

20 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Folks,

Roger

Did you use this search Roger?

https://www.tyrecomp.co.uk/car-tyres/165-80-r15.htm

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Hi Folks,

I'm running the T-TRAC2 since 3 years now - size 165 SR 15 (../80s) - on my TR3. They are ok, worth the money and equipped with some grip. Compared to the Firestone I used before they are a bit better but the difference is not impressive. The cost for the "Classic Sprint2 ist much higher here - so I wonder wether this may be justified…..

… and I don't care for the look but for grip in dry (and wet) conditions.

Regards, Johannes

Hi Folks,

I shall be passing the tin around for a whip round.

I've gone for the Sprint Classic.

If I had any children at home I would have to stop feeding them until late next year.

Perhaps if I use only one tyre at a time it may wrk out.

Roger

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Hi Folks,

I shall be passing the tin around for a whip round.

I've gone for the Sprint Classic.

If I had any children at home I would have to stop feeding them until late next year.

Perhaps if I use only one tyre at a time it may wrk out.

Roger

I think you will be happy with the performance and looks. 

Feeding kids is over rated - they never know when they have had sufficient !!!!!