Door lock lever return spring

I’m about to resemble the door locks on my 613a and have everything that I need except for the return spring. Rimmers have it listed as part number 606974 but it’s unavailable. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get them from or alternatively is there another spring that would do the job; throttle return spring perhaps?

thanks

Graeme

I used two from a kit like this. Used a 1/4" diameter one to create the two needed.  Be sure the mechanism etc is in line and all moves freely with the square holed triangular plate securely fitted, or the spring will not be strong enough.  Too strong a spring and the handle end will try to point at the sky

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150Pc-Assorted-Springs-Extension-Tension-Compression-Extended-Compressed/281944580911?epid=5011035694&hash=item41a534e32f:g:M0YAAOSw~OVWzaGz:rk:3:pf:1

Simply cut to length with side cutters and the ends tweaked with pointy nosed pliers.

Peter W

PS Needs to be a smallish diameter tension spring or it will not fit snugly behind the door board.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Suggest you get one of these,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=replacement+small+spring+kit&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=small+spring+kit&_sacat=0

To get a horizontal door handle you need to make a physical stop to avoid some moron pulling up on the handle and causing a droopy handle or upwards handle. Easy peezy drop me an email and I'll send picture and instructions.

Rod