TR6 angled speedo drive

Facing the thought of another angled speedo drive only lasting a few thousand miles. Has anyone experience of the version supplied by a company called Speedograph Richfield ?

I know they are more expensive, but would relish some feedback.

From their website it appears the listing for TR6 is BG 2401-05.

my car has a 25% overdrive so I was hoping some learned forum friends could advise if this would be relevant or not.

Regards

Gav

I put an S type Jaguar OD gearbox in my E-type, this required a hybrid angle drive as Jaguar saloon gearboxes use a different speedo drive ratio than E-types do, anyway, Speedograph made me a custom angle drive, not cheap but it worked perfectly.

Speedograph  are only a few miles from where I live and I have used them them for years to do my rev counters and speedos. They are not cheap but they are craftsmen and if I had known they made a decent angle drive I would have bought one!  

Hoges. 

15 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Gav,

one of our less regular posters (Bruce) has a great deal of info on these less than perfect components

As well as Speedograph Richfield  have a look at the Caerbont automotive site  https://www.caigauge.com/

Roger

+1 for Roger.

Caerbont produce the exact same as the originals as they are using the original Smiths Tooling which they bought years ago when Smiths went out of the automotive market. They also produce like for like Smiths Instruments and up to date digital instruments. They are well known in the motor cycle market and mini classic market. I have also been told that they are CAA approved! Which to me means that quality is there and they would not be allowed to supply the aircraft industry if they were not!  I bought mine direct, no problems so far. Speedograph drives work but they look a bit agricultural in my view.

Bruce.

Sorry been away for a few days with the wife and the ASBO. Aka Mini Cooper s. Most anti social car I have ever owned. Anyway it is off to be sold at the NEC in a couple of weeks and the wife is staying!

Many thanks for the feedback. New angle drive and exhaust will be ordered on Monday.