BT McAFee Web Security blocks this site.

Just a few days ago I upgraded to Macintosh OSX Mojave, and consequently had to reinstall McAfee Antivirus that comes free with BT Broadband.

It blocked me from this site completely for a few days; now that I've managed to get access it still warns me about every page. Any computer gurus out there know why, and how I can stop it?

TR.png.0664f88bca848ae8c4af4a58ee3146b0.png

Now that I'm in, it warns me every time:

1384301515_ScreenShot2018-10-23at19_31_28.jpg.bdd9d5ed0d5a142ccfe4b703ef1d51f9.jpg

Same here. Had Macs for >18 years and have never found antivirus to be necessary. Both the router and the Mac have properly configured firewalls and I do run Noscript, Adblock plus and Ghostery.

Interestingly, Apple Safari has dropped support for the Site Protection plugin from McAfee. 

McAfee hates social networks, especially forums. If you insist on using it and ad-blockers - they offer this advice: 

How to add URLs to the Trusted Sites list in Web Protection
Use the following steps to allow customers to add sites to a list of trusted sites so they will always be allowed to access those sites:
  • Click the Web Protection tab.
  • Click the Policies tab.
  • Double-click the policy you want to edit or highlight the policy and click Edit.
  • Click the Category tab.
  • Click to expand the Trusted Site: Category Filter Bypass band.
  • Click New and type the URL you want to add to the Trusted Sites list.
  • Repeat steps 6 and 7 to add additional URLs as needed.
  • Click Save. Allow up to 15 minutes for your changes to take effect.