New steering wheel

I'm thinking of fitting a motalita steering wheel to the 3a

Question is can i still keep the existing indicator hub on the wheel..is there a way of doing this?

Thanks

Tony

As Tom said, Motalita do a boss kit so you can fit one of their wheels while keeping the original control head. You need to specify the correct one as they do a standard or one for the adjustable steering column.

It's worth considering that if you still have a steering box, the Motalita wheels are a smaller diameter than the original one so you get less leverage when steering, making the (already heavy) steering a little heavier.

I have the Moto lita and the original boss horn assembly 

I also have 185 tyres and a good steering box and it’s not tooooo heavy. You just have to do the steering and manoeuvring whilst in motion to reduce the strain. 

No going from lock to lock like you can with power steering. 

7A4318DB-71FC-470B-A41C-AE25159164B9.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
Sp

Hi tony

sorry not with car at the moment and won’t be for a few days yet. 

It was all fitted by PO so unless boss number visible I wouldn’t know  

Family issues diverting from tr-ing 

sorry cant be more help. Just tried to show it was possible with a pic from my phone

H

Hi

Sorted with the boss....TR shop do them

Its now just what diameter wheel to go with...14 or 15

Any suggestions ?

Look at the Moss Tourist Trophy range of steering wheels.  https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/tourist-trophy/tourist-trophy-steering-wheels-bosses/tourist-trophy-steering-wheels-tr2-4a.html

They are designed to fit the Motolita boss that accepts an original horn push assy.  

I have the 15" thick section wood rimmed wheel with mat drilled spokes and the Motilita boss on my TR3A.  The thicker rim I like as it is more like the modern cars I drive.  The orig thin rim wheel although great to look at, I found uncomfortable especially if wearing gloves.  The negative with a smaller wheel is that the rim and your hand end up obscuring the small gauges nearest the driver.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/steering-wheel-tourist-trophy-15-wood-rim-thick-matt-aluminium-drilled-spokes-489-090.html

Cheers

Peter W