VUX's MX5 Seats

22 minutes ago, simonjrwinter said:

They look spot on. Love the MX5 Seats. Not only do the look “period” they are comfortable to drive in. One of the best things I ever did was replace the originals with the separate headrest MX5 Seats.

technology (even seat technology......”ergonomics”) has moved on in the last few decades, more comfortable/supportive seating = more enjoyable driving......what’s not to like?

enjoy.

+1

7 years ago I was lucky enough to purchase a pair of early US spec Tr6 seats through an ad in TRaction. As TRiumph seats they look the part in my 4A and fit straight onto the existing runners, I just had to fit the catch plates that retain the hinged seats. I haven't had a back ache since fitting these seats and have done ~ 40,000 miles including four RBRRs. The high head rest certainly makes sleeping easier and more comfortable for the co-driver on that event.

Tim

DSC01144.JPG

3 hours ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

Hi Tim,

I would love a set of these in mine !

Cheers.

Tom,

You can, but you'll need to have deep pockets for the restoration: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TR6-circa-1969-pair-of-seats-requiring-refurbishing-as-photos/173597055219?hash=item286b30d8f3:g:O9kAAOSwwhhbMpex:rk:2:pf:0

Cheers, Andrew

the new seats by Paul Bishop look  a fair bit more on steroids than my MX5 seats, Stuart might be on to something here.

They look very good though. There isn't much room in the Red Tomato but my legs are well clear of the wheel. (When its fitted)

I'm sure you could modify the brackets yourself to get the best position, you might need a bending Machine though.

P1050827.JPG

Edited by pfenlon
3 minutes ago, pfenlon said:

the new seats by Paul Bishop look  a fair bit more on steroids than my MX5 seats, Stuart might be on to something here.

They look very good though. There isn't much room in the Red Tomato but my legs are well clear of the wheel. (When its fitted)

I'm sure you could modify the brackets yourself to get the best position, you might need a bending Machine though.

Pete,

No bending needed, the brackets have plenty of  vertical adjustment so I suspect I've just set the seats a little too high.

The MX5 seats look good in the Tomato - I wanted my seats from Paul to be in leather with horizontal slats similar to the original pattern, no holes or diamond pattern though.......

Cheers, Andrew  

They look great, and you will feel the benefit when you drive 300 to 400 miles a day 

Can't believe the negative response to fitting them,  

I can only presume they have a very fat ause to soften the ride on original seats 

Pink x

Similar to Tim, I fitted some 70-72 US high back seats to my TR6. I have to say that they are very comfortable and my wife loves them. I have also just finished rebuilding some UK low back seats so whether I fit them or not is up for debate

Derek

P1030515.JPG

Many moons ago I spotted one of these early US TR6 seats with black vinyl coverings for sale in Pete Cox's old shop in Northfield, Birmingham. It was US driver's side so suitable for the passenger in my car. It was in good order so I bought it and ran my car for a long time with odd seats, it was a boon for the co-driver on RBRRs and other long distance events. I kept a look out for years to find another seat for the driver's side but only saw the odd one or two in a terrible state. When I eventually found the pair they made my existing one redundant and I have it in store, still in good shape If there is any interest in a UK passenger seat I will send pics.

Tim