Something fundamentally wrong here!

:P  You should see the cobwebs in the cockpit area of my boat when ever I visit it.

I'm told that spiders don't like conkers, so I distribute quite a few around the boat, I think it might help a bit.

Post- 60000 TR3A,  with R & P steering  haven't spotted the mistake yet, but still looking

Lift the dot peg too high on door ?

would that have had a plate under the windscreen stanchions, or direct to body ?  - not sure. still looking

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

TR2/3 seat squabs  Dzus type windscreen fixing  :  Soft end to door top roll
(and looks like original material)
Can't work out if it has raised hinges - I suspect not.

All indicate TR3 not 3A

AlanR

I wondered if they were Dzus, could be because the slots are at the same angle as each other.

I thought the hinges were raised - a bit hard to see.  the door trim & cable release in pocket make it 3A, also the Dzus sidescreen fixings

Bob.

Point of terminology here...you sit on a cushion and lean against a squab.

Peter W

PS also '59 onwards TR3A body shell as the scuttle/dash top has no aeroscreen mounting bolts.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

On close inspection (copied the image & enlarged it) I don't think the hinges are raised, which would make it late 2 / 3  (it has a vent pull)

but with the wrong door cards.

Bob.

Your all picking faults with the car but I think the original intention by the OP was to point out that he had a spiders web so hadnt been using it enough/going fast enough to get rid of it.

Stuart.

Well won't be doing that again in a hurry, only meant to show the cobweb due to lack of use! - Best summer for generations and once i finally sorted the fuel Issues something annoying has turned up on the electrical side..

Ian Vincent (and Bob - until he went all forensic!) got it right immediately..

However, to respond to a few:

Don’t even want to think about my boat Bob, out of sight is out of mind ..

Yep, one of last 3A’s manufactured, all original (apart from couple of seat cushions etc - which I will come to) and never rebuilt ; steering is original vague old box but original wheel retained but slightly cracked, which was fine until rust set in from inside.

Fastenings are all original - Ive had the pleasure of meeting a few guys who originally put our cars together in Coventry, by and large great characters to enjoy a beer with but none of them ever cared a jolt if the dot pegs were half an inch out!

Seat cushions; a sorry story: 40+ years ago the only ‘problem’ (apart from broken crank perhaps?) was slightly worn and torn driver cushion, I gave them both to an absolute craftsman on a farm in the middle of nowhere and never (yet?) managed to get back to pick them up

Grab handle is original, never moved and still shiny as befitting 3A with all the bells and whistles ‘dollar grin’; not as per black on the 2’s!

Door cards were replaced back in the 80’s, best (read most cost effective) you could get in the day. But, agree nothing like orig quality and basis I have tried to keep clear of repro since.

Bonnet hinges (like rest of chrome) was remarkably good but, this one cracked half way and I put on the ropey old condition one as temporary solution about 25 years ago - Amazing, when car is spruced up, this is still only thing some people notice... I will now get round to changing!!?? 

Final, for now, if you are all scrutinising ....Why did no one notice the original Rob Slotermaker / Triumph competition Speedpilot and Halda? - Rob Slotermaker was, by all accounts, a wonderful character and exceptional race / rally driver. - When living in Holland, I got ‘given’ the gear by his co driver friends because it was ... Got to take my son now but, will continue if any interest...

Cheers

Tony

Actually, this web would seem to be from a sheetweb spider and correct me if I’m wrong here, (and I’m sure someone more knowledgable will)but I think 1959 3A’s should have the later araneus diadematus garden spider fitted as standard between the dashboard and gearbox tunnel. I think Rimmer do a GUJ200 which might fit?

David

Edited by dwaters
On 10/21/2018 at 11:35 AM, Tony_C said:

Rob Slotermaker was, by all accounts, a wonderful character and exceptional race / rally driver.   Tony

The man himself, demonstrating the finer points of car control on a skid pan in Wolvey . . .

Cheers, Deggers

Classic footage... Thanks for sharing Deggers..

That’s the 3A ‘my’ Tripmaster and Speedpilot came out of.. Did anyone else note how ahead of the time the TR was compared to the Ford Pop / Vanguard / something else I don’t know was?... And you all know Sltermaker went on to establish his own skid pan driving school in the Netherlands..

T RUSTY... This clip goes some way to confirming my earlier reply... How many taxi drivers have grabbed your ankle, brogues and or stilleto?