Harrington Bumpers - import Tax ?

Hi all,

Received my stainless bumpers from Harrington last week and very impressed. I have received an invoice from FedEx fot £60+ import tax/duty, is this right ? on the commercial invoice it states the bumpers are "samples"  should I pay or not ?

Appreciate your comments, previous experience.

Mark.

Have you bought these as commercial samples Mark? if so, you can speak with HMRC. If you have bought them to fit to your car for normal use then you need to pay your dues.

4 minutes ago, Mark Ogram said:

Hi all,

Received my stainless bumpers from Harrington last week and very impressed. I have received an invoice from FedEx fot £60+ import tax/duty, is this right ? on the commercial invoice it states the bumpers are "samples"  should I pay or not ?

Appreciate your comments, previous experience.

Mark.

Hi Mark! I assume that the £60 is the freight charge but I do not have access any more to the Customs & Excise Blue Book which shows the current duty rates but I would have thought that Harrington would be importing at C.I.F.to their warehouse and their quoted price to you would have covered these charges. Query this FedEx charge with Harrington directly and let us know what they say? It may be a direct import to your home address from the manufacture which you should have been told about when you placed your order with them. Is there a VAT charge as there S/B?

Bruce.

Thanks,

Will email Harrington on Monday, there was no mention of any import duty / taxes - if I have to pay, then so be it. Have to say the service from Harrington was fantastc though.

When Harrington first began trading in the UK their website did highlight the potential for import duty charges to be payable in addition to the sticker-price. At the time I did the sums and decided to buy the same items from a UK supplier for my Stag because the overall charge and the peace of mind that fixing any issues would be less hassle dealing with a Company in the UK.

i can’t spot anything on their website these days, so I would certainly raise the question to Harrington to be sure of the position and try and reach a sensible resolution if there has been a misunderstanding on behalf of either party.

....... Andy 

Issue sorted. I emailed Harrington and they asked me to pay the Fedex invoice, send them a copy of the receipt, and they would refund me. All sorted out within 30 minutes. 

Fantastic service from Harrington's from start to finish.

Hi Mark ~

When I bought a full set of Harrington bumpers for my 1965 series 1 'E'- type Jaguar I enquired with Harrington's if they were liable for import duties.

They replied that they were not. There would be no extra charges. So I ordered them. Very satisfied with the product and Harrington's service.

Tom.

14 hours ago, colin3511 said:

Mark, please be careful when fitting. The set I fitted had metric threads. Close to a unf size so I almost re-tapped them unf by mistake. Needed to run a metric tap down them anyway to aide fitment.

Good luck.

Colin

They have always been Metric threads on them as they are made in Vietnam, some stockist now do a fitting kit to suit.

Stuart.

Is there a significant saving going direct to Harrington’s, I’m curious as will be in need of a set .

Regards

Paul

7 hours ago, Fireman049 said:

Hi Paul ~

If you Google up Harrington's Bumpers this should show all available bumpers and prices.

Tom.

Thanks Tom I was being lazy, to answer my question, if TR Shop sells the TR6 Harrington bumpers it would seem not to be a significant difference in cost Harringtons at the moment are £745 and TR shop are £720, not sure about carnage costs from TR shop.

I paid £745 including shipping from Vietnam. They only took 4 weeks to arrive. I did try TR shop and they told me at least 2 months delivery. Very pleased with Harrington's service.

8 hours ago, Mark Ogram said:

I paid £745 including shipping from Vietnam. They only took 4 weeks to arrive. I did try TR shop and they told me at least 2 months delivery. Very pleased with Harrington's service.

Thanks for that info Mark, I will not be in need of them for awhile yet.

Paul