Nuts for K & N Filter Housings

I don't know if replacements are available from K&N and if so hate to think what the price might be. These domed nuts probably have a US thread but M5 fits nicely and a packet of ten in A2 stainless steel is available from Tool Station for the princely sum of £1.21.

Tim

DSC00872.JPG

I know what you mean Tom. Some time ago I sent the k & N UK office an email asking if they could supply replacements and, if not, what thread the nuts were and never had the courtesy of a reply so I did my own tests and found M5 was perfect.

Tim

Glad to be of help Ian and thanks for giving the Part No. I should have done that originally, talk about only doing half a job. How long will it be before Peter W comments on your post I wonder.

Tim

PeterW is Peter Wigglesworth, who worked for Moss for years, and put together a great part of the Moss catalogue for TRs (possibly for othe marques, too).  

An invaluable source of information and advice, a very early member of the club (like his brother, Keith), and a great bloke.

Ian Cornish

1 hour ago, ianc said:

PeterW is Peter Wigglesworth, who worked for Moss for years, and put together a great part of the Moss catalogue for TRs (possibly for othe marques, too).  

An invaluable source of information and advice, a very early member of the club (like his brother, Keith), and a great bloke.

Ian Cornish

Tom - and on the Forum as BlueTR3A-5EKT .
I'm sure you have seen his significant contribution to the Forum.

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100
Addition

Tom,

In response to a recent post by RobG extolling the virtue of Vaseline as a lubricant for fitting indicator lenses and rims into their rubber boots Peter was so quick to come back with 'Nooky' cream or KY as alternatives that I thought he would be unable to resist comment on your nut loss!

Tim