BST NOS Securon full harness seat belts ForSale

Posting here as I still do not have sufficient privileges to log into the Classified area using the login I use for the forum and members area. - I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.

Now to the point...

For sale  pair of  NOS Securon full harness seat belts GB £ 70.00 the pair.

I have two NOS boxed Securon 690A blue webbing four point fixing full harness seat belts for sale.

They have a metal turn buckle with 5 slots to allow the use of an optional crutch strap (not included).  The belts are e marked.  Someone will know if these are suitable for track days etc - I do not.

Fitting to the car is by quick release snap latches that attach to the included eye bolts.

Price GB £ 70.00 the pair plus carriage.

PM if interested - in the mean time I will try to work out how to post this ad in the classifieds.

Cheers

Peter W

984115198_SecuronIMG_1518.JPG.d82ee04f21f052e30f24054679c35151.JPG

Peter.

I tried to send this on a PM, but I could not I guess you need to clear out some old ones.

Hi Peter.

I could be interested in these as I have been considering going full harness for a while now.

Only problem would be the rear center fixing, as I have no rollover bar. I believe Revingtons do a single bar which goes between the wheel arch tops for the purpose of securing seat belts like this, do you think that would match the fixings on your belts ?

Cheers

Bob.

10 hours ago, Lebro said:

Peter.

I tried to send this on a PM, but I could not I guess you need to clear out some old ones.

Hi Peter.

I could be interested in these as I have been considering going full harness for a while now.

Only problem would be the rear center fixing, as I have no rollover bar. I believe Revingtons do a single bar which goes between the wheel arch tops for the purpose of securing seat belts like this, do you think that would match the fixings on your belts ?

Cheers

Bob.

The Revington and the Racetorations harness bars should be suitable for them.

Stuart.

Be aware that Revington’s harness points sit a little outboard of the standard seat centres to take account of the fact that he (like me) preferres to fit the seats more parallel than the standard position which angles the seats out at the front. 

Racetorations seats are normally fitted at the original angle so I’m guessing that their anchor points will be further towards. The centre of the car in order to align them with the centres of the seats. 

It may be worth getting a tape measure out and asking some questions prior to ordering. 

1 hour ago, Drewmotty said:

Be aware that Revington’s harness points sit a little outboard of the standard seat centres to take account of the fact that he (like me) preferres to fit the seats more parallel than the standard position which angles the seats out at the front. 

Racetorations seats are normally fitted at the original angle so I’m guessing that their anchor points will be further towards. The centre of the car in order to align them with the centres of the seats. 

It may be worth getting a tape measure out and asking some questions prior to ordering. 

Ah that’s it then. 

I thought it was wrong when I bought my roll bar from Revington as the harness points were outward of the seat centre line. 

Discussions with the company seemed to be that “it’ll be alright”

It passes sctutineering tho. 

FB3CC9C2-7369-4BA5-BCE1-BEA563B1533E.png

With my bucket seats parallel fore and aft in the car the anchor points line up well with the centre of the seats. I like to have the shoulder harnesses crossed and passed through the head restraint supports. I have slipped polythene tube over the supports to prevent any chaffing of the webbing and offset the adjusting buckle position on each belt to stop them rattling together. 

I beginning to think about making my own, can anyone put some photos of what i should be aiming for on here ?

Interested in the pipe size, wall thickness etc.

I have Racetorations seats by the way.

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Bob

this eBay supplier may be of interest as they custom make roll bars  I am sure they would do a harness bar for you or the raw materials  

Custom Roll Cage Hoop CDS Cold Drawn Seamless Steel MSA FIA Approved https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F231126319181

Then weld fixings to accept these

LONG Length Harness Eyebolt UNF Eye Bolt RACE RALLY https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232283108340

Look at the pic here for a stand alone harness bar

https://www.revingtontr.com/product/rtr9148hb/name/harness-bar-tr4-6-with-ferrules

obviously you can source your own suppliers the above is for illustration and suggestion. 

H

Edited by Hamish
Added detail
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, Lebro said:

Job done, thank you Pete.

Bob.

All Done.jpg

Hi Bob,

They do look neat but I'm pretty sure 'turnbuckle' belts are not road legal.

I say this as a consequence of an argument I had with an officious MOT inspector who failed my car for precisely this reason.  He stated that to be road legal, they had to have a red button latch.  I did some research looking at catalogues of belt suppliers and all the ones that stated 'road legal' had red button latches and all the turnbuckle items stated offroad/track use only.

I have a dim memory that road legal belts can't have 3" shoulder straps either.

This was some time ago and things may have changed but best to check for yourself. 

Hi Ragtag.

Thank you for that.  The lap & diagonal belts which I have replaced with these did not have a red button either, & they were new from the TR shop 5 years ago, & you lifted a chrome flap to release.

Surely these regs would only apply if seat belts were a standard (obligatory) fitting in the car when new. The width of strap is no different to any other seat belt I have seen ?

Bob.

Back in the day lots of seat belts (Britax mainly) had chromed lift the flap buckles so no red dots on them.

Stuart.