Front panel vent hole

Just noticed that my car doesn't have a vent hole behind the front bumper, I see that Moss sell ones with and without https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/body-chassis/body-panels/front-body-door-panels-tr5-tr250.html can anybody enlighten me as to why some cars did have the whole and some not ? 

Hi Graham, i know that the TR5s had the vent hole in the front vallance, presumably gave some extra air flow to the radiator,  and certainly to an oil cooler if one was fitted.

Cheers,  

Conrad. 

40 minutes ago, david ferry said:

TR4 has no hole.

Ah that might be it then,  at some point,  the car has had new front panel and valance,  and I see the ones with a hole are more expensive than the ones without, another panel to add to the 'needed list 

Graham,

I have done  this as a favour on one of our members TR5 which had no hole in it. I used 2" masking tape and marked out the hole. Each corner i used a 2" hole saw. I  then cut along the lines to the 2" holes  and it worked out ok.Small file up, remove the masking tape and touch in the bare edge.Does save all that grief of replacing it and then of course painting the whole panel.

Regards Harry

12 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

Graham,

I have done  this as a favour on one of our members TR5 which had no hole in it. I used 2" masking tape and marked out the hole. Each corner i used a 2" hole saw. I  then cut along the lines to the 2" holes  and it worked out ok.Small file up, remove the masking tape and touch in the bare edge.Does save all that grief of replacing it and then of course painting the whole panel.

Regards Harry

What about the rolled lip as the originals have?

Stuart.

photo1315.jpg

Edited by stuart