TR6 Heater vent pipe mod

Hello all,

Does anyone have information or pictures showing how to do the mod which seals up the cold air vents and tees hot air from the de-mister pipes to the dash vent pipes. What is the best way to tee etc. I thought it would be simple but discovered that:

a. I did not seem to have room to fit the glove box after mocking up the tee on the passenger side and

b. The ID of the hot air pipe to the windscreen is smaller than the cold air pipe so connecting to the existing tee pieces was almost impossible.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sean

Ive done it a few times and basically you need a white plumbing "Y" piece and a mix of the hot and cold air flexible pipes and a hot glue gun plus two large core plugs to blank the cold air outs. There is a bit of an issue with the glove box as its a bit tight but it will fit.

Stuart.

012.JPG

1 hour ago, TR NIALL said:

Plastic Vacuum Cleaner Hose is more flexible and is easier to work with.

You still need the "Y" piece and thats what takes up the room, I use vacuum cleaner pipes for sidescreen car heaters as the original ones are often rotted out.

Stuart.

Also done similar to Stuart.. works well but glove compartment is indeed tight 

Thank you all for the replies. Is it a mod that is worth doing in practice? I cant tell as my car is not driving yet. The theory is good but I wouldn't want to do it all and find it's ineffective or takes too much airflow away from the windscreen.

Cheers,

Sean

13 hours ago, SeanF said:

Thank you all for the replies. Is it a mod that is worth doing in practice? I cant tell as my car is not driving yet. The theory is good but I wouldn't want to do it all and find it's ineffective or takes too much airflow away from the windscreen.

Cheers,

Sean

Works very well and gives you side window demist if you angle the dash eyeballs correctly also frees up more space under the dash to get to replace bulbs etc further down the line as you will delete the lower eyeballs and brackets etc..

Stuart.

1 hour ago, michaeldavis39 said:

What do you need the y piece for as looking at that photo the flexible pipe could just attach onto the heater couldn't it??

Its to split from the hot air outlet so one pipe goes to the screen demist and the other to the dash eyeball.

Stuart.

Hi, coincidental I only did this the other day as I'm  refurbishing the cabin. I used a plumbing 'Y' piece from 'Wikes', I had to heat two ends and reduce the diameter  as the warm air duct to the screen is a smaller diameter then the duct to the dash eyeball vent. On the drivers side I kept the cool air eyeball connected directly to the heater cool vent out and  pointing directly at the foot well, it is not possible to do this on the passage side as the lack of space due to the poorly designed glove box.

Regards Phil

vent1.JPG

vents2.JPG

vent3.JPG