4A LED gauge bulb threads

just received some different LED's from ClassicCarLeds and they fit in both the new and original bulb holders without any issue.  The thread profile is also seems to be a good match to an original bulb - go figure?  I can only assume the Bettercarlighting versions could be from a bad batch

IMG_2790.JPG

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG

• 1 year later...

By way of an update, it's success at last though Its been awhile.

For the claw holders, I removed the innards of the repro holders and transferred the spring and pigtail to the original holders. Also taking Stuarts comment into account, I gently filed the original holder to open it out ever so slightly.  Now all good.

IMG_3922.JPG.92389960f080e1c6bd74c72bdc7fd3cd.JPG

For the push type holders in the small gauges  - they were also all scrap, and there was no similar easy repair for the screw type bulbs.  However Duncan at Classic Car LEDs provided the solution; namely convert the LED bulbs to bayonet style and use with his replacement push holder.

IMG_3972.JPG.e7b7d83c80517229dccf4f2d82718533.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG.f87b36633a14a2955e93766366d59852.JPG

All good now. Thanks to every one who contributed to my dilemma

Cheers,

Alf