Modern rubber again

I am having difficulty getting the lower hose from pump to radiator lower inlet to seal. The rubber seems to compress beyond a point where the seal can be relied upon. This is the same with radiator lower pipe and the stainless downpipe.

I am using a stainless down pipe because that's all I have available. Also using wide stainless clips to spread the load. Is it worthwhile trying to put solder rings on the pipe?

Tried 3 or 4 new hoses and none will fit tight.

Are wire clips any better in this instance?

Rod

The issue of hoses caused me 12 months ago to get involved in remaking the 4 cyl TR top hose in reinforced EPDM polymer, for strength and longevity, with a stockinette covering, so it looked like a real Standard Triumph one, rather than a black/red/blue shiny spangly thing from a hotted up Corsa.

My irritation with the market place product 12 months ago was that it was made to a price regardless of quality or fit - most being too long and too large a diameter internally (so they would not tighten and seal)  A blue silicone hose I tested was the worst culprit for sealing. The problem I think is that the makers understand metric sizes and made the requred inch sized hose to the nearest whole mm size they could obtain. 

A quantity of the remade hoses have been out on trial in the TR driving world this hot summer & supplies of them are now in the market place available from Roadster Factory and Moss Europe.

Peter W

PS To get a bead on pipes that do not have them, a bead roller is the right way to go or silver solder a plumbing olive/thick wire loop to the pipe stem. - Buy an olive too big, split it and reduce in size till it fits nicely, then solder in place. - You can silver solder to stainless - ask Roger H.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Changed all radiator hoses 9 years ago, bought them from Bastuck / Germany and use them with original wire clamps.

Opened and locked them since then several times with no problem at all.

Only thing to mention: if they are too tight put them in hot water before and the top hose is too long for a fast fit (cut mine shorter)

Good luck, Ciao Marco