Hood Protector Caps

• 4 months later...

Currently updating website.  Price for caps reduced over 10% to $17.50.  Problem is Her Majesty's taxing schemes.  Best that we can figure out is that an item plus it's shipping has to be below 18 GB or you poor sods will pay through the nose.  Open to suggestions that don't include falsifying customs information.

On another note, we will be posting a new video concerning late model heater control plinth repair.  If the large black plastic part of the plinth has cracked out it's mounting holes, we have a 3D printed replacement part.  Swap over your wires, light bulb holder pieces, light bar and clip. The new part is reinforced in the mounting hole area and  increase in thickness of webs.  Quite robust.  Estimated delivery 6-8 weeks.  $59.99

As for the heater control plinth assembly, we will offer a complete assembly similar in appearance and function but not exactly the same. Estimated 3 months to offering.  

36 minutes ago, CK's TR6 said:

Currently updating website.  Price for caps reduced over 10% to $17.50.  Problem is Her Majesty's taxing schemes.  Best that we can figure out is that an item plus it's shipping has to be below 18 GB or you poor sods will pay through the nose.  Open to suggestions that don't include falsifying customs information.

On another note, we will be posting a new video concerning late model heater control plinth repair.  If the large black plastic part of the plinth has cracked out it's mounting holes, we have a 3D printed replacement part.  Swap over your wires, light bulb holder pieces, light bar and clip. The new part is reinforced in the mounting hole area and  increase in thickness of webs.  Quite robust.  Estimated delivery 6-8 weeks.  $59.99

As for the heater control plinth assembly, we will offer a complete assembly similar in appearance and function but not exactly the same. Estimated 3 months to offering.  

Sell as eaches, one per package.  I do not know what that will do to shipping costs though.

graham

Thanks Alan.

It’s not damage to the locking pins I want to protect, but the constant rattle I get from my pins when the hood is down and I don’t have the cover on......and yes I can hear it over the exhaust note.

Mike

10 minutes ago, Aldpilot said:

Thanks Alan.

It’s not damage to the locking pins I want to protect, but the constant rattle I get from my pins when the hood is down and I don’t have the cover on......and yes I can hear it over the exhaust note.

Mike

New waved washers?  AWZ106  Item 91 here  https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/weather-equipment/hoods-hood-frames-fittings/hood-frame-fittings-tr5-6.html

I have a similar issue with the zip slider on my TR3 tonneau.  Took a while to find the source of the noise - only audible when the aeroscreens are removed and the screen is fitted.

Peter W

13 hours ago, barkerwilliams said:

I guess you could use the rubber end of a walking pole as well.

I'll see if I can find one later and check it will fit.

A few  reasons I like the garden cane caps.

They fit nicely

They are made of silicone and therefore soft and cannot mark the hood and the material of the cap will not transfer to the hood.

The are T shaped and the end has a large contact area to distribute any pressure.

...and being a Yorkshire man I like the fact they are very, very low cost. 

Alan