TR2 - Reg No EX 8959

Have also put this under Cars Re-united but I am aware not everyone looks in that forum so posting this here as well

An elderly neighbour showed me this picture of his beloved TR2 which he owned in the early 1960s - he's kept this photo I've reproduced below all these years in his wallet!

He had to sell the car when he got married, and heard that it had been put through a hedge and allegedly written off  - however it still appears to exist on the DVLA database but there doesn't appear to be any other info available.

Anyone know this car as he has some old photos, possibly some bits and lots of stories about it?

Cheers

Rich

IMG_0002 (1).JPG

This car was on the Register some years ago according to my records....TS 5567. Mike Ellis should therefore have a member's form for it.

A rarity as it carries a Great Yarmouth "EX" reg number, one of the very few English authorities still issuing the original two letter, four number registrations well into the fifties as so few new cars were registered there ! Possibly the only TR2 ever registered new in Gt Yarmouth? Bill P.

Bill

The neighbour was in the police force here in East Anglia and I'm sure he said he bought it from a dealer in Ipswich, so the Great Yarmouth reg ties in nicely.

I will contact Mike Ellis directly - thanks for your help

Cheers

Rich

Rich,

Triumph dealer in Ipswich?

I wonder if he got it from here?

They obviously did a nice line in TRs.

http://vitessesteve.blogspot.com/2017/11/w-j-coe-ltd-of-ipswich-triumph-car.html

Charlie D.