Wanted - 3.7 Crown Wheel & Pinion for 4A Diff

Hi everyone

Just opened up a recently acquired diff unit for my 4A to find pinion mssing part of 3 teeth - Crown wheel looks ummarked surprisingly although some attachement bolts have had their heads partially worn off! I take it both CW & P come in matched pairs.

So anyone got a good, but reasonably priced 3.7 CWP I can buy? I know Moss and Rimmers list new ones but expensive and a fair difference in price between them - are they good uns ? 

Or is there rubbish quality ones circulating and  if so, how do I differentiate between them

Cheers

Rich

Tom

Thanks for info but I would prefer to avoid paying over £300 for one if I can - thats quite pricey in my impecunious world!

Do you have any knowledge about the quality of the items out there in the market?

Cheers

Rich

Some time ago I found a new set for 160.

All I fitted are from good quality. So that is not the problem.

But as you know they must be properly set and get correct preload

otherwise they make noise and if they are far away from perfect setup they will fail.

I would wait and watch Ebay and would not take a used set.

When Pete Cox fitted, some 2 years ago, a new 3.7 unit supplied by Moss, he told me that Moss had sold several hundred sets (from memory, 400), with only one recall.

I found that very reassuring.

Ian Cornish