John 

Where are you at with the prep ? Old rivets drilled out , bits ( that dropped ) in the frame hoovered out ? Vinyl trim and screen fitted ?

Are the " spire clips " for the sun visors / mirror fixings in place? Part Nos FC2804 ( 4 off ) , Mirror GHF711 ( 2 off ).

2 rubber Capping strip plugs available  612976. Capping strip ( soft top )  808231 , rivets RU608123  x 11 off.

2 fasteners for soft top 610624 and  2 screws  AD606071

fix the spire clips hardware stuff to the screen itself first , check that your capping holes marry up with the frames holes.

From memory I put a small bead of sealant on the back top edge of the frame , prior to assembly. I'd take Stuart's advice on the wisdom or otherwise of this action , he's a far wiser man than me !

I put a few thick nails through the capping , into the frame to keep things in line and worked outwards from the centre pushing hard down with the riveter. I then attached the two fasteners for the hood on the outside positions of the capping.

It was at this stage of proceedings in my resto that I discovered that the painters had thoughtfully removed the two brackets / hooks on

the upright sides of the frame ( that keep the hood flap , top of the side windows down ).

A great number of expletives where uttered , before I calmed down ! Good luck with it.

Bob

Arghhh!!! stupid of me, sorry folks,

I missed out 'hood' from the title and text,

I understand how Tr4A, 5 and 7 all locate, hood frame to car, but not the tr4.

Thanks for replying so far, i look for a proof reader for my posts!

John.

To fit the front of the hood, make sure the frame is in the intentioned position, lay the soft top over the frame, fix all of the fastenings to the rear deck, now move to the front.

The hard beading inside the front edge of the cover is in 3 pieces, I put the middle section on first, it ticks under the front edge of the windscreen capping, then do the same with the two pieces on each outer edge.

The press studs can then be fastened on the outer edge.

now move to the inside, pushing the hood support by the outer edge of the seats upwards and backwards. Before pushing fully home you’ll probably want to shuffle the centre fastener so that it straddles the centre bar and the press studs can be done up.

then push the hood tensioners all the way home..... don’t forget to clip up the elasticated bands in the hood above the door windows.

that should do it........ Andy 

John,

The hood frame on TR4 does not attach to the windscreen top rail.

The hood leading edge contains some reinforcing strips (3) which lip under the front of the aluminium top trim and are pulled in when the hood frame has tension applied by the B post actuators.  Care needed to ensure the hood is firmly inserted all along the front edge or it will lift out when driving.

Neil